Great Customer Service!

lxcoupe

Can I say that?
Last Sunday, I put a flight on my EF 110" Yak with a DA120 after landing I grabbed the spinner and rocked it back and fourth. I was horrified to feel and hear that the motor had developed quite a bit of slop.:banghead: I am going to Joe Nall and for right now this is my only plane. I was panicking. I had a DA100L that I could throw on it for the event, but I had promised to sell it to someone. So under the suggestion of one of my flying buds (VooDoo), he said to give Tony Russo a call and see what they can do.

I called DA Monday and got a hold of Jeff. He told me that if I overnighted it to him that they would make sure I could have it back by Thursday or Friday. So down to the post office I went. Jeff got the motor Tuesday afternoon, completely rebuilt it. New pistons, rings, bearings, and gaskets. Thursday I had my motor back and I'm ready for the NALL:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you so much DA!

Classclown

200+ flights, maybe 25-30 gallons
They tell you what went bad on it?
Another thing, Al, sorry I never got to meet you at Nall. I never got to meet you 'cause I never made it to Nall. Never made it to Nall because I had a lot of work to take care of. All that work I had to take care of, and the project is still not done. Maybe I get to go next year... At least all you guys had a great time.

ChrisH

Why does a DA120 with 25-30 gallons through it need a complete rebuild? :eek:ut:

I've got cheap weed eater engines with 3 times that much fuel through them and no rebuild or hint of problems so far.

Rod Bender

Team Flying Circus
Lifetime Supporter
Why does a DA120 with 25-30 gallons through it need a complete rebuild? :eek:ut:

I've got cheap weed eater engines with 3 times that much fuel through them and no rebuild or hint of problems so far.
Come on, 75 gal on what engine ?

AJTACZ628

"HAMMER TIME"

He didnt tell you he stuffed it wide open ..:thumbsup: surprised it was able to be rebuilt again :biggrin:
i might be mistaken it could of been the DA 100 im thinking about he stuffed,,,

Last edited:

IMACmike

I dunno about anyone else with DA engines, but I recently sent back a 100cc after (no BS) 1000+ flights. I only sent it back because the front seal was beginning to leak It was running great before and after. I don't know how many gallons of fuels that translates into, 156 gallons???