FOGTime...

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Thought I would start my own flight log here...

Saturday 2/21/2009 VVRCF AMA Field

No wind, No "BIG TIME" 3D Flip Flappers, A couple of good out of control takeoff's into the pits by others, Good times, Great day.

(2) flights on my .40 size ME-109 in control and landed on runway with engine running.

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
No wind, No "BIG TIME" 3D Flip Flappers, A couple of good out of control takeoff's into the pits by others, Good times, Great day.
That's funny...

Where were the 3D Flip Flappers? Out riding MX I suppose...

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Saturday 2/21/2009 VVRCF AMA Field

A couple of good out of control takeoff's into the pits by others, Good times, Great day.

Lol- just goes to show ya, different flying styles have different criteria!

Glad you got some stick time- any day at the field is a good one!

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Saturday 2/28/2009 VVRCF AMA Field

No wind, T-shirts all day, No "BIG TIME" 3D Flippy Flapping Flip-Floppers, A couple more good out of control takeoff's that where stopped by the pit fence by others, Good times, Great day.

I cracked open a fresh new gallon of 15% (love that smell)

(4) Great 10 min+ flights on my .40 size ME-109 in control. A couple of 4 foot low passes at edge of runway. Landed on runway with engine running. This plane is getting stupid easy to fly but I still have to respect it while taking off.

A VERY VERY nice gentleman gave me a .60 size Top Flite P-51 ARF that had pancaked after a 4 foot roll out take off. minimal damage.

It's always a great day when you come home from the field with more airplanes than you took.

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Soon to become what I call the "Pride of Bakersfield" or MANGIA PANE.

This was the FIRST real P-51 Mustang that my eyes ever gazed upon. Minner Field, Shafter, CA. So anybody out there that has some pics... Please post them.
Wow, what a major co-inki-dink! I knew the guy that owned that plane... trying to remember his name, Putman I think. Friend of my Dad's. I lived in Shafter in those days. That was my first look at real fighters too. I nearly got a ride in it once, but he had engine troubles.

That guy would rip up the sky every Saturday or Sunday. We would ride our bikes out to Minner to watch. Damn, that brings back memories.

They had a few warbirds out there. I always loved when the junk-man flew his big Hellcat. I learned to fly a Benson Gyrocopter on that field.

Last edited:

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Okay, called my Mom. His name was John Putman. He flew the P-51D called Wee Willy.

There is a video of the plane
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfBY0ACUcI0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfBY0ACUcI0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You can see it from every angle and get the scheme there. I found a few photos.

I think the plane was orgionally called Wee Willy. This is Wee Willy II. I don't know where the change in name happened, if it's the same bird or a different one. John flew the Wee Willy in the late 60's in the 70's when I was watching it tear up the skys over Shafter. The Wee Willy II search shows that bird was comissioned to flight-worthy status in 1984. No better history is there I can find, but I suspect it was retired, then rebuilt again.

314465624_a11c764b04.jpg

WeeWillyII 01.jpg

44-84961_01_cf1.jpg

44-84961_12_mc2.jpg

44-84961_31_bd1.jpg

44-84961_38_cf1.jpg

Last edited:

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Tomorrow is supposed to be 60F winds light and variable in the High Desert... Maybe the "Big Time" Flip-Flippy, Flop-Flopping, Flap-Flapper's might show up. Ya never know... I'm charg'n the batts.

stang151

Pucker Hucker
Yeah I'm charging the batts. for the racer, time to do some laps. Round & round & round & round............

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Saturday 3/7/2009 VVRCF AMA Field

A Little wind, Only ONE "BIG TIME" 3D Flip Flapp'n Blue TT/TOC Katana flying dude, A couple of good out of control takeoff's into the pits by others, One over the fence and into the pilot area. Good times, Great day.

I put (2) 10 min+ flights on my .40 size ME-109 in control and landed on runway with engine running.

My buddy put 2 of his airplanes in... So I let him take-off, fly and land my 109. I got it home safe. Wheeew! Just trying to have a little Circustude.

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
Saturday 3/7/2009 VVRCF AMA Field

A Little wind, Only ONE "BIG TIME" 3D Flip Flapp'n Blue TT/TOC Katana flying dude, A couple of good out of control takeoff's into the pits by others, One over the fence and into the pilot area. Good times, Great day.

I put (2) 10 min+ flights on my .40 size ME-109 in control and landed on runway with engine running.

My buddy put 2 of his airplanes in... So I let him take-off, fly and land my 109. I got it home safe. Wheeew! Just trying to have a little Circustude.
How is Mr. Weissmann doing?

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Damn in-controll flip floppers!!! I love the "into the pits" takeoffs! "IN-COMING!"