Exhaust flex pipe

yakken

i have a header pipe that the flex pipe broke on. i was going to replace the flex pipe instead of buying a new header. i cant seem to locate anybody that sells metal flex pipe in 1" id. you giuys know where to get it?

GravyGoodness

Huck-O-What?
i searched their site for half a freaking hour and couldnt get it to come up. you da man gravy :thumbsup:
Thanks man! I use McMaster almost daily in my field of work. They are really handy for having hard-to-find stuff. I mean, who decides what they carry in the warehouse?? Makes you wonder...

Let me know if you get it and if it works for you. I'm curious now.

yakken

Thanks man! I use McMaster almost daily in my field of work. They are really handy for having hard-to-find stuff. I mean, who decides what they carry in the warehouse?? Makes you wonder...

Let me know if you get it and if it works for you. I'm curious now.
I ordered five feet. What's left over I can use to beat my wife. :D

Tired Old Man

Staff member
And your wife's e-mail addy is? Just thought we'd forward that on to her to see who got what, LOL. I know all to well how that stuff actually works;)

beege

I bought the same flex from mcmaster a couple months ago. It will probably work, but its no where near as nice as the KS stuff. Its heavy and very corrugated on the inside. The 11" piece I have comes in at 170g

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Which hose?

On a more serious note, an extremely corrugated pipe interior could generate some performance issues so be alert for any sudden performance changes using the new pipe.

yakken

Which hose?

On a more serious note, an extremely corrugated pipe interior could generate some performance issues so be alert for any sudden performance changes using the new pipe.
lol

i didnt know that, thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Classclown

That's what I was thinking when that other guy, whoever that was, said he was running with 11 inches of that flex pipe on his header. Personally, I'm always making sure I don't blow out the 1 inch of flex on my MTW headers. I'd be a worry wart running more than an inch.