Thanks bros!! Pandi gave me a free pass to try out some new things. Probably overdoing it but I'm learning a lot. My goal here is to get that "detailed look" with out the detail. Stuff like this is more inspiration than perspiration.
Been wrenching, grinding and fitting the dreaded retract setup. I tried using some UHU por contact glue to secure the wheel liners. It worked out really well. The gear doors will need some small plywood shims underneath but no big deal.
Got the other landing gear and plastic liner installed. Glued the flaps and ailerons using Gorilla glue, Vaseline etc. I'm really glad I painted the inside of the flaps. It really gives the wing contrast when the flaps are deployed.
Been wrestling with these gear doors too long. I tried every trick I know of using a combination of washers, shims ect. This is as good a fit as I could get. The gear doors sorta angle out when the landing gear is extended but it is what it is. Tomorrow I start weathering the wing.
Pandi's picking this beast up on Friday so I better get moving... Got the weathering started with various shelving paper masks and tape. Sprayed the edges and peeled everything up. The contrast is a bit dark but after fading everything with earth it will look much better.