ESM LA-7 Build

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Thanks bros!! Pandi gave me a free pass to try out some new things. Probably overdoing it but I'm learning a lot. My goal here is to get that "detailed look" with out the detail. Stuff like this is more inspiration than perspiration.

Votec Yak Guy

Interested in buliding another one and selling it RTF David? Watching you build this is really giving me an urge to try a warbird and I hate building....really nice work. Your a real craftsman....

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Been wrenching, grinding and fitting the dreaded retract setup. I tried using some UHU por contact glue to secure the wheel liners. It worked out really well. The gear doors will need some small plywood shims underneath but no big deal.

Attachments

kaveman

dave are those the esm retracts and do they lock in the up position i see the corsairs dont lock in the up but do in the down ?

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Got the other landing gear and plastic liner installed. Glued the flaps and ailerons using Gorilla glue, Vaseline etc. I'm really glad I painted the inside of the flaps. It really gives the wing contrast when the flaps are deployed.

Attachments

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Been wrestling with these gear doors too long. I tried every trick I know of using a combination of washers, shims ect. This is as good a fit as I could get. The gear doors sorta angle out when the landing gear is extended but it is what it is. Tomorrow I start weathering the wing.

Attachments

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
You can polish a turd, but in the end it is what it is! Fantastic work David. Truly.

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Pandi's picking this beast up on Friday so I better get moving... Got the weathering started with various shelving paper masks and tape. Sprayed the edges and peeled everything up. The contrast is a bit dark but after fading everything with earth it will look much better.

Attachments