Eq 10

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
I have an EQ10 and have plugged all the channels into my reciever and I can't get it to power up my servos, I have tried resetting all the channels, calibrating and it no workie.... what am I doing wrong

9156 servos
A123 bats
Fromeco Switches

:confused:

Steppenwolf

FOM SR.
I have an EQ10 and have plugged all the channels into my reciever and I can't get it to power up my servos, I have tried resetting all the channels, calibrating and it no workie.... what am I doing wrong 9156 servos A123 bats Fromeco Switches :confused:

May be a dumb question, but maybe the polarity on the servos???

quist

which receiver? Make sure that the 3 wire channel 1 or 10 wire is not plugged into a DSC port.

quist

Its not 2.4 it is a JR reciever and I don't have the polarity reversed.
read my post above. JR PCM receivers will not turn on if you plug into the dsc port with the 1 or 10 lead. There should be a notice about this in the paperwork that came with the EQ 10.

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
Isn't a DSC port on 2.4 only? I am using Bat Channel and the Aux 5. Ill see if I can find a pic of the reciever I am using.

quist

dsc is not on 2.4, it is on PCM. It is direct servo connection so you can operate your plane without sending a radio signal. You hook up dsc cord from the trany to the rx.

sweetpea

Moving North
Batt channel is also the deal breaker here.

Try plugging in your power source to something other than the batt channel.

I know on the synth RX using the batt channel did funky things to the RX back when I wasn't on 2.4

Also what batts/regulator are you using? Are you sure the EQ10 is getting enough volts to even send the 5v to the RX?

JBenson

Circus Staff
With A123s there is no voltage problems. Cowlhead, first thing I would try would be to take channels 1 and 10 on the EQ10 and plug them in to the receiver on Aileron and Elevator. Connect a couple servos and see if this resolves the issue. It is hard to troubleshoot beyond this over the net. If you need some help, let me know. I will make the loooong trip over and try to help out.

JB

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
I don't know that may be to far for you to drive. Its acting like there is no power going to the reciever. So I will try plugging in the power into something else. If this works it will try Aux 5 and Aux 4. So I am taking it that the reciever does not need power plugged into the bat channel?

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
Wow. I feel retarded, I re-read what Smart-Fly says on their support page. It says do not plug any of the channels into the recievers battery port... I guess reading something 10x helps. Ill let you guys know if this works or not.

JBenson

Circus Staff
I'd make the sacrafice. The bat channel is the DSC channel. If I remeber correctly you can plug your DSC into the charge jack on a charge switch and control the plane without turning on. If you have channel 1 or 10 on the EQ10 plugged into the bat channel this will cause the ploblem. Try it and let us know. First just unplug the lead going to the bat channel and see what happens.

JB

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
Ive read the directions several times just missed one key word. Geeezzz.... I hope this works.

dkjens

Ive read the directions several times just missed one key word. Geeezzz.... I hope this works.
I was going to suggest after the first couple of posts to put Mrs. Cowlhead on the line, she's not only the prettier but also the one with the higher IQ in that relationship :exercise3: