Eneloop

Tired Old Man

Staff member
An excellent use for this battery type. Also great for ignitions and digital cameras. Bad choice for a flight battery.

Buttface

You want me to do what...?
2 years ago these batteries showed outa the blue on my door step from Sin City Jets http://www.sincityjets.com/store-batteries.htm

I never ordered them and never questioned it....just put them on a shelf until now I soldered up a lead and put some shrink wrap on and checked the voltage. It was 10.4v . I peeked them off with my Peak charger and now I'm discharging them at 500mah to see how much capacity they have.

Buttface

An excellent use for this battery type. Also great for ignitions and digital cameras. Bad choice for a flight battery.
The only thing that concerned me was after I soldered the wires to the thin tabs I bent them a little and noticed the solder peeled right off...it took with it a shiny thin metallic skin that was on the tab leaving it unshinny. So i tried to remove the rest of the shinny plating this way with no luck. I hope the solder holds!!:yikes: I tried to pick it off but it seams like it got a good bond to the tabs now. don't know what that plating is or why its on the tabs.

Buttface

Last year I flew with my old transmitter pack that had a bad cell or two. It was a 1600 mha pack and I had to recharge it every 2 flights. I know y'all must think I'm kidding. haha ask Yakken.

I been meaning to do something with these Eneloop batteries anyway.

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Store Eneloops fully charged. Their self discharge rate is silly low. They'll sit on a shelf for 9 months and still be at >90% of charge.

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
The eneloop pack I had was garbage........... I could charge it up the nite before I go flying, and when I get to the field, pack would be at 10.5V. I used it for a month, and bought a Lipo pack for my 11X!!! The answer is none more for me.

I hear most folks using them are having great luck with them. :) Keep on, keepin on!!!

fsone

Eneloop batteries are very good I use 2000 mah for my Tx and 5 cell 2000 mah for my receiver pack. I fly giant extra 260 Edge 540 and a Katana on these packs.I use analog servos,and do no 3d flying they work very nicely.