Eneloop

Discussion in 'Giant RC Plane Forum' started by Buttface, Mar 10, 2012.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Mar 10, 2012 #1

Buttface

Buttface

Buttface

You want me to do what...?

2. Mar 10, 2012 #2

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

An excellent use for this battery type. Also great for ignitions and digital cameras. Bad choice for a flight battery.

3. Mar 10, 2012 #3

Buttface

Buttface

Buttface

2 years ago these batteries showed outa the blue on my door step from Sin City Jets http://www.sincityjets.com/store-batteries.htm

I never ordered them and never questioned it....just put them on a shelf until now I soldered up a lead and put some shrink wrap on and checked the voltage. It was 10.4v . I peeked them off with my Peak charger and now I'm discharging them at 500mah to see how much capacity they have.

4. Mar 10, 2012 #4

Buttface

Buttface

Buttface

The only thing that concerned me was after I soldered the wires to the thin tabs I bent them a little and noticed the solder peeled right off...it took with it a shiny thin metallic skin that was on the tab leaving it unshinny. So i tried to remove the rest of the shinny plating this way with no luck. I hope the solder holds!!:yikes: I tried to pick it off but it seams like it got a good bond to the tabs now. don't know what that plating is or why its on the tabs.

5. Mar 10, 2012 #5

Buttface

Buttface

Buttface

Last year I flew with my old transmitter pack that had a bad cell or two. It was a 1600 mha pack and I had to recharge it every 2 flights. I know y'all must think I'm kidding. haha ask Yakken.

I been meaning to do something with these Eneloop batteries anyway.

6. Mar 10, 2012 #6

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

Store Eneloops fully charged. Their self discharge rate is silly low. They'll sit on a shelf for 9 months and still be at >90% of charge.

7. Mar 11, 2012 #7

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!

The eneloop pack I had was garbage........... I could charge it up the nite before I go flying, and when I get to the field, pack would be at 10.5V. I used it for a month, and bought a Lipo pack for my 11X!!! The answer is none more for me.

I hear most folks using them are having great luck with them. :) Keep on, keepin on!!!

8. Mar 11, 2012 #8

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man

Staff Member

Being lazy and absolutely terrible at battery solder tabs I just go to www.batteriesamerica.com and order a pack when I need one. So far they done me well.

9. Mar 11, 2012 #9

Buttface

Buttface

Buttface

10. Nov 6, 2014 #10

fsone

fsone

fsone

Eneloop batteries are very good I use 2000 mah for my Tx and 5 cell 2000 mah for my receiver pack. I fly giant extra 260 Edge 540 and a Katana on these packs.I use analog servos,and do no 3d flying they work very nicely.