E-Power 101

Discussion in 'General Plane Discussion' started by TManiaci, Sep 5, 2008.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Mar 5, 2014 #121

red7fifty

red7fifty

red7fifty

BadAss Member

I'd like to use the batteries I have...since I have (8) 4S, 2200 packs already. :)

2. Mar 5, 2014 #122

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

Engineer Lifetime Supporter

yea, just look out for those 400-600 kV outrunner motor specs. Most are only good for 6-7 cell packs. Do not try to run a 8S setup on a 7S motor, it will smoke.

3. Mar 5, 2014 #123

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

Engineer Lifetime Supporter

When you do a parallel pack setup, be REAL careful about the pack charge states. When packs are fully charged, they need to be close in voltage. You should consider doing a few charge-discharge cycles and then check the charged voltage of all the packs. If any one pack is low more than 1/2 volt or more, you may need to toss them. When you hook all of the batteries up, the parallel set with a higher voltage will discharge into the lower voltage packs. If that voltage difference is too much, it could be really ugly. The current can run without any limits, and a large difference could result in hundreds of amps of discharge current making lots of fire. This is a place for extreme caution. Always check voltages before hookup. If you mix up a used battery with a fresh pack, it's a bad day.

4. Mar 6, 2014 #124

JeffinTD

JeffinTD

JeffinTD

Actually, I was going to suggest a passage about safety practices be added to your excellent and informative thread.