E-Power 101

crash

Team Flying Circus
And for guys like me who don't want the hassle of making our own leads you can get this little jewel from Common Sense RC called the Octopus it also has 1 open pair of wires to add your choice of connector.

Octopus

Attachments

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
NICE Crash! and only $11.95, that's a bargain!

And WOOOHOOO, they have the adaptor I need for the Zippy Balancer to connect the Thunder Power Batteries too!

Adaptor Zippy.jpg
Just ordered that bad-boy, YES.

bdavison

Just make sure that when you go to charge something, you check to make sure you didnt leave anything else plugged in on the other dongles, or you might end up with a nasty surprise.

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Just make sure that when you go to charge something, you check to make sure you didnt leave anything else plugged in on the other dongles, or you might end up with a nasty surprise.
Yea, duh! That would be a bad day...

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Duane. Hope you have success with the E-Powered NexStar soon. Get it back together yet? I know your wife was a little miffed at our incident. Sorry about that. I am really curious why that happened. Done any testing?

oatman

Thanks tons for this thread... Huge help to this newcomer to the hobby.

?How do you account for multibladed props in the maths?
How do you apply these calculations to EDF implementations?
Where do you find the atmo CONSTANTS to account for conditions between different data/test sets?

TIA

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks tons for this thread... Huge help to this newcomer to the hobby.

?How do you account for multibladed props in the maths?
How do you apply these calculations to EDF implementations?
Where do you find the atmo CONSTANTS to account for conditions between different data/test sets?

TIA
Your question is not clear. It sounds like you are referring to the math associated to power and prop selection. If that's the case, then you will find that those variables are addressed in the better system calculators. Search a few and you will see the selections for blade count and air density.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Hoping you have some free time to get out and play! Glad to see you're not only posting in the political thread!

TManiaci

Engineer
Lifetime Supporter
Yea, I am still trying to get out and do some flying. Just renewed my AMA, so that was a commitment to keeping this hobby alive. I still have a perfect QQ86 50cc Yack, and I'm still trying to clear the mountain in the garage so I can get back to work on the Stinson Reliant 26cc gasser. I still get juiced about the hobby, but life is a constant state of chaos lately. I read threads here every day, but don't often post on those threads. I know if I engage, I can't follow through.

Jace

I have a Reactor with a E-flight power 60. 80 amp esc and currently run a 6s5000 turnigy battery with a 16x8 APCE prop. I'm thinking of dropping down to a 3000 mah battery to save some weight. Right now its 7.1 lbs and doesn't fly all that well. What's your recommendations T Man on making her fly better?