dle55 crank/rod needle bearing

ngreen74

does anyone have a clue what needle bearing is on the crank/needle bearing on the dle 55 mine has no numbers

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Kwilson is right, you should purchase a new crank/rod assembly. The only bearing easily replaced on that assembly is the wrist pin bearing. Call Valley View RC.

kwilson

Gold Member
If you can take the bearing to Miller Bearings here in Jacksonville, they can measure and sell you one with the same dimensions. They stock a chitload of bearings.

closetguy

Only one thing wrong in this thinkin, how do you know the crankpin and rod race are still round.Also is the case hardening ready to peel off the crankpin?
I tried this in the past and couldn't find the bearing to save my life.And this was with a friend that was willing to machine a new pin.

Last edited:

ngreen74

the bearing is a 12id x16 od by 10 wide caged needle bearing boba bearing has the bearing the pin is fine i put it in my lathe with a dial indicator

ngreen74

it was very easy flip the crank up in a vice the rod is smaller than the housing on the crank tighten the vice till it barely touches the rod let the crank rest on top get a big punch and a decent hammer so it moves quickly 3 bumps and she's out

kwilson

Gold Member
I might just give that a try next time. I have a hydraulic press so pulling it apart would not be the issue, just getting it back together properly on a 4 cylinder scares me. Is the pin on your 55 indexed somehow?