denied acces

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Clown, True Turn isn't infallible. They turned a nose cone for a friends P-47 that was out .009 and shook the living crap out of everything. They made him send it back, examined it, made a new one and sent it back- he paid all shipping, and waited 2 months to get one that was within .003

Classclown

I've never had a messed up TruTurn from the factory, they get messed up once I mess with them. And with that in mind, I'e got a couple TruTurns for sale....

red7fifty

BadAss Member
Tru-Turn spinners are nice, and according to the manufacturer, "Don't need to be balanced" due to the close tolerance of machining......and thus, more accurate than most balancers (or the person doing the balance work) are capable of achieving.
But, regardless, they are adamant about not over torquing them, which will distort them (and ruin it)

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Any spinner that uses a center nut to secure it to the back plate has a high potential for being over torqued. All of them will react to excessive screw torque in the same manner initially. The back plate will become distorted (bent aft) when subjected to excessive screw torque. The shape distortion will generate quite a bit of vibration all by itself, negating any previous effects of being balanced.

Admin

Staff member
I'm behind on submissions but I will get them published.

In that section only the thread creator can see their threads.

Admin

Staff member
What do you mean? I'm in the process of getting a system setup and will publish it in the next couple of days, but you're not supposed to see it till it's published.