DA 170 on Standard Mufflers?

ben_beyer

I've been building a Dalton 300 and I'm interested in getting a DA 170 for it. I'd like to keep it simple so I'm thinking of using standard mufflers. How's the transition on standard mufflers and what are some other props to try?

It seems like the Mejzlik 30x13 is the most popular but some people are running the 31x12. I don't want a prop that constantly rips at full throttle, but I also don't want to overload the motor.

orthobird

i use 32 x 10 falcon prop with my da 170 and also have the stock mufflers. transition is fine, no hesitation, and i have set throttle so that at WOT it is 6000 rpm and at 1/2 stick, rpm is 3000

Classclown

Man.... like a girl trying out a fricken prom dress.... LoL, Dat bee a JOKE.

Anyway, I'm an a$$hole, so relax. Cop'd this off of averageboonette's thread, filmed this last weekend. Tavis(the Buttface) flying his plane with a DA170, stock cans, Biela 30x14.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GJ1fzYCPV5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oalhindi

Nice flying. I thought that the Biela 30X14 would have more of a pull and faster with a 14 pitch

cool

Classclown

Hey Ben, where are you on that Dalton? Thinking of doing a kit, either a Carden, or a Dalton. Have not decided yet.

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
Doodsey....... If'ins yous gots da scratch laying around, try a Competition Airframes airframe. I hear they rock at precision stuff. But if you want something to throw around, the choices you mentioned are awesome!!

ben_beyer

Hey Ben, where are you on that Dalton? Thinking of doing a kit, either a Carden, or a Dalton. Have not decided yet.
I have the fuse framed and all of the foam except the rudder/horizontal fin sheeted. It's been over 8 months since I've done anything because I moved. Now I'm waiting on my workshop to be built. They didn't put down any grass where it's going in my backyard when they finished building my house, but nothing has been done with it since. The builder had some parade homes he was trying to concentrate on so I am hoping it will get started soon. The Dalton kits are a great first giant scale build. I have my pics over on another site that I used to visit a lot. I need to post my pics on here and finish it up on here too.

Classclown

Definitely post them on here!!! I'm having a hard time myself, as I don't have the space to build. Thinking of moving where I can have the whole basement for a work shop, then I can think about a big build.