Compy 3m Yak 55 Assembly

TADILLAC

CIRCUS STAFF
Yup The Yak flew yesterday Afternoon at sepulveda basin. I put 2 flights on it. Flew great. No issues. If i don't go up to Nor Cal this weekend I'll pull the yak out and put some more flights on it somewhere down in Socal and hopefully get some quality video.
you got to give a heads up when you go fly so we can come watch i could have been there at the basin and flew with you and took video of the maden

CaliNative

I'll see if i can't get more pics of it in the next week... The Yak now how 5 flights total on it. I'm still mixing out some bugs. Last flight of the day yesterday i had a dead stick, I Managed to land the airplane on the runway and all was well. I was in awe tho... after trouble shooting the motor as to why it dead-sticked i noticed that the gas tank was sucked dry. :D. Mith did i great job setting up those tanks because there was not a single drop in the tank!

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I did that once- Lucky you got her down! You must have some good airplane Karma!

GmanBIll

Good JuJu is always good, for some reason the basin is good for getting planes (big ones that is) back to the runway. I think in my time at that field with big planes I have only put 2 in the weeds and it was my fault, all the rest have been able to get back to the runway. Send me a PM when you are going back out with the Compie Paul.

CaliNative

I'm going to try to make it out to the basin with the plane tomorrow morning before i head off to my 5+ month company retreat if anybody is interested. fyi

P.S. Mith.... i will also not be showing up to work tomorrow for that inner office thing... be sure to think about how much fun i'll be having while you're stuck at work... SUCKA!!!!

Last edited:

TADILLAC

CIRCUS STAFF
humm what time do you think you will blow out of there? i got to meet with a new gov rep in the am do a couple flight then im free let me know maybe i can get out there

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
try to get some pix/vid of that yak flying!!!

Yeah.. great.. I spend all day wednesdays in design meetings.... designing the next plane YOU are gonna fly!! lol

CaliNative

Okay guys...

I was able to get two flights in before i had to pack stuff up and hit the road... motor has 6 flights on it and ran great down low can't wait to see it on 100:1 mix... weather was great ...LA traffic sucked which cut my time at the field short... hope you guys enjoy ... can't wait to fly with all of you when i get back to the good ole USA...

Attachments

Last edited: