Cheap China!

Discussion in 'Plane Kits & Frames' started by TManiaci, Oct 28, 2009.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating using the link above.
  1. Nov 2, 2009 #41

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

Engineer Lifetime Supporter

Cheap Cheap China ...

I have been waiting to see when the flood gates open for the Chinese Auto Makers to dump their load on the US market. Still not happening yet. Know why?

This is why!

Cars Sold.JPG

The Chinese car factories are trying to grow to meet domestic demands. The people are consuming at a rapidly growing pace.

Interesting to see all these new cars in my travels. There is one particular compact I saw a lot of that looks prime for their export lead.

Now, you may think that the Chinese are not quality conscious. This is where you will see the change. Several large manufacturers have had auto factories in China for several years. This has been GM's biggest growth market. Others include BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Buick, Toyota and Nissan to name a few. In fact, GM may end up as the American ditributor... go figure, now that Uncle Sam owns GM... and we owe the Chinese so much debt. A match made in heaven?

What does all this mean? They have already developed the quality standards to make an explosive and successful entry into the US market. It's just a matter of generating enough volume to support more than the domestic demands.

On the quality front... I have seen these cars up close and personal. They look every bit as good as the best Japanese cars. I rode in a new Beemer X6 on the last trip... made in China.... it was every bit as tight and smooth as one made in the BMW factory. Not a flaw anywhere. Fit and finish were amazing.

BMW.JPG

So.... you think the US Autoworkers have a problem now? Hang on baby, it's about to get even worse. Expect the flood to start mid-2011 based on estimates I heard.

2. Nov 2, 2009 #42

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

China Cheap...

Another thing I just remembered. I sat on the flight from Seoul to Guangzhou with a gentleman in the Airline Industry. Apparently there are three factories in China already making aircraft for Airbus, Boeing and one other.

He said the orders are building rapidly for domestic use, so they are preparing to start production on their own Airliner. He said that they were already testing with the FAA on the first model, an A320/737 size aircraft.

So... Airline Industry, look out. The Borg are after you too. The high-tech commercial aircraft market is no longer a sacred cow.

3. Dec 9, 2009 #43

davensocal

davensocal

davensocal

Just read the last few pages. That's a lot to digest over a margarita..

Worst part is, I work for a Japanese company! They have been great to work for though.. Good wages, good benefits, and good work environment..

Although technically, it is an American Sales and Service company, we take administrative guidance from the Jpaanese parent.

4. Nov 16, 2010 #44

rbarnett

rbarnett

rbarnett

RC Addict

Hey TMan,
    I posted this on the political thread this AM:
    Some people tend to downplay the ingenuity of these people, but they are building some rather nice RTF's over there.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11764653
    Bob B.

5. Nov 17, 2010 #45

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

Just a matter of time.... China's C919 passenger jet wins first orders

6. Dec 15, 2011 #46

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Circus Staff Lifetime Supporter

We should give China a gift....

a gift called "Labor Unions"

ha!!!

7. Dec 15, 2011 #47

RTK

RTK

RTK

I won't be the first passanger

8. Dec 15, 2011 #48

Smokin Cap

Smokin Cap

Smokin Cap

Huckin on the River

9. Dec 15, 2011 #49

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

We are so fu*ked... It wouldn't be so bad- except they have 1.3 billion people, and we have .3 billion.....

10. Dec 15, 2011 #50

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

Today's news, China is "protecting" their economy. Placing import taxes on US made cars. Hmmm, read back in this thread a bit, you'll see we were discussing this very issue. As an economy grows and matures, it must isolate itself from low cost competitors with taxation to normalize trade and protect domestic manufacturing.

Seems the Chineese know how to do this. Why can't we?

11. Dec 15, 2011 #51

RTK

RTK

RTK

Well when you have a congress/administration like ours that is bound and determined to collapse our society what do you expect

12. Dec 15, 2011 #52

BryceSteenburg

BryceSteenburg

BryceSteenburg

"Where would we be withou

Same sh!t that went on 40yrs ago with the Japanese is happening with the Chinese....one major difference. The Japanese wanted major market share and the money, the Chinese want a major market share and a piece of America's a$$. IE, they want some governmental control to our way of life along with the money.

13. Mar 18, 2013 #53

Kilroy858

Kilroy858

Kilroy858

What do you guys think of the hobby kind durafly Trojan vs the durafly just making the jump to bigger planes
    What do you think is better

I am just string to make the jump to the big planes and dont know big

14. Mar 18, 2013 #54

TManiaci

TManiaci

TManiaci

The HobbyKing is probably a good choice. If you register on HobbyKing, you can read the reviews and comments on the bottom of the product page HERE. This is going to be your best feedback on the quality of any HK model. From the little I checked, this is a good buy. Others have compared the two models, and think the HK model is better, and has retracts too. Read all the comments before you decide.

15. Feb 5, 2015 #55

NUDGE

NUDGE

NUDGE

After reading a few pages i jumped to last..sorry i cheated guys..lol
    after a long break from RC Flying nice to be back here and see you guys again..
    Hobby King is a classic company.. Owners are Aussies and have a base in HKG.
    They have OEM manufacturers for them that spreads from Korea to Indonesia..
    They already made Turnigy almost a household name to most flyers around the world