Carden 40% Extra 260 RTF

hornetman

This is a Carden 260 professionally built in 2006 by AJ Lee in Texas. It has been flown intermittently over the years and probably has 100 flights on it. It has two sets of stabs (one scale for Precision and one for freestyle with counterbalances). The plane had a deadstick and landed out, but it was sent back to AJ and professionally repaired (fuse only was damaged). The plane was reconfigured for mufflers at that time. The plane flies extremely well but with 3 kids I have no time for IMAC!

Other details:
DA150 stock mufflers (purchased new in 2006, 100 flights) runs great
Servos: JR 8611a's throughout
Wings: 3 servos per aileron
Stabs 3D: 2 servos per elevator
Stabs Precision: 1 servo per elevator
Rudder: 3 servos push/pull
JR 1221 Rx with 2 satellite receivers
Fromeco Regulators and switches set up to run LiPO's
2ea 3300 Thunderpower LiPO for power
2200 thunderpower LiPO for ignition (with Fromeco Regulator)
55 oz Horizon Fuel Tank
Tru Turn 5 Spinner
NX 32x10 prop
No Smoke system...that stuff is too hard on the finish;)

I will crate and ship if buyer wants to cover costs.

* I will update the ad with more recent pictures but overall the plane is the same except the canisters have been replaced by stock mufflers and there is minor wear and tear. The small gear fairings at the fuse joint are no longer there.

Attachments

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Looks like the official flying circus scheme. That plane might have belonged to Smoking Joe McBride. It's a piece of circus history.

Dean Bird

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like the official flying circus scheme. That plane might have belonged to Smoking Joe McBride. It's a piece of circus history.
Exactly what I was thinking. VERY cool!!

I bet TMan can show us some video with Smokin' Joe pulling on the sticks. :biggrin:

hornetman

Dean and Brutus,

It is me, the F18 flying Smokin' Joe... hence "hornetman"

Hope you have all been well doing 50 grit passes and driving those IMAC wining machines!

Look forward to a reunion some day.

Joe

Joe Hunt

Did Joe say the price, I think he's motivated and will go low like $2900. Or is the price up there somewhere? I'm old, don't judge me! haha

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Man, I would love to have it, but alas, my hangar is full! Congrats on the family Joe!