Carbon Z Carbon Cub

BarracudaHockey

Its a hoot to fly. A natural for floats, the floats are 80 bux and come with the water rudder servos installed.

On the downside, touch the foam, or look at the foam the wrong way and it dings. The gear mounting could use some help too.

Stock setup has lots of power and it really is a lot of fun to fly though.

MadMonkey

That's MISTER idiot to you!
Friend at my field has one and it flies great... he does touch and goes all day (it flies a LONG time).

Thinking about getting one myself for float flying/glider carrying/towing/candy dropping/etc.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I've been tempted by this one, but since I have 2 33% Cubs I decided I don't need any more Cubs!

JeffinTD

Well, I was on the fence since I already have a high wing plane (rascal 110), but the LHS had one someone ordered and backed out of. Plus, I have some 6s5000's for a heli I don't fly much.

It is a really fun plane to fly. Strong rudder, effective flaps, fun to knife edge. Lots of power.

I've also flown it with the floats, which is a blast.

Only negative so far (as mentioned above) is the paint and foam are very delicate, and it's already kind of ratty around the battery hatch.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
I got to fly one- it is almost a perfect analog of my 120cc 144" super cub! Same power, flaps, and aerobatic abilities. Heck, if I had more cash and more room you bet I would get one!

JeffinTD

I got to fly one- it is almost a perfect analog of my 120cc 144" super cub! Same power, flaps, and aerobatic abilities. Heck, if I had more cash and more room you bet I would get one!
That's funny. Flying this made me think if I had the cash I'd have a big gas Super Cub...

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
The World Models 1/3 Super Cub is the cheapest 100cc airframe you could ever buy new! I'm yanking the JC-120 and putting in a DA-100 as soon as I can swing it. Same prop, more RPM. It's a blast seeing a 12' Hershey bar wing doing a KE 10' off the deck!

MadMonkey

That's MISTER idiot to you!
I just made a deal on a Carbon-Z, I think I'm about to go pick it up. I wouldn't have bought a new one but he's asking $400 for BNF, with 2 batteries, floats and tundra tires :thumbsup: