Cactus Classic IMAC

Discussion in 'Events' started by JBenson, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

A couple member of team Phoenix are Bernie Boland and Perry Bartnett. Bernie helps many people at each event by calling their routine for them. Bernie flew his way to first place in Advanced this weekend. Great job Bernie. Bernie also runs an onlinehobby shop called clubhobbies.com. Check it out if you got a minute. Perry flies in sportsman and always seems to be smiling. Great to see you guys this weekend.

JB

Attached Files:

2. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Another character that you will find roaming the contests is Dave Grip. Dave is a great guy and has quite a few stories to tell. I did not get a shot of his wife this time around, but she is always there for Dave and usually calls for him.

JB

Attached Files:

3. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Here are the top 3 Basic pilots. They placed as follows:

1st- Anthony Matera
    2nd- Dominic Grasso
    3rd- Kyle Goodwine

Attached Files:

4. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Here are the top 3 Sportsman pilots. They placed as follows:

1st- Jason Benson
    2nd- Rusty Fried
    3rd- Dave Hargrove

Attached Files:

5. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Here are the top 3 Intermediate Pilots. They placed as follows:

1st- Nick Radle
    2nd- Cody McLean
    3rd- Joe MacGregor

Attached Files:

6. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Here are the top 3 Advanced pilots. They placed as follows:

1st- Bernie Boland
    2nd- Brad Hooper
    3rd- Bill Adams

Attached Files:

7. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Here are the top 3 Unlimited Pilots. They placed as follows:

1st- Jeffrey Szueber Jr
    2nd- Bill Hempel
    3rd- Matt Szueber

Attached Files:

8. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Finally here is a shot of the top 3 pilots from each class. Great job to everyone. It was a great weekend and I look forward to doing it again.

JB

Attached Files:

9. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Alright, last but certainly not least. Here is a shot of the prize table at the end of the day Sunday. Without the great companies that put out the products that we use, we would not be enjoying this hobby nearly as much as we do. Everyone walked away with something this weekend Thank you very much:

Desert Aircraft
    Smart-Fly
    Airwild
    QQ Aircraft Company
    Horizon Hobby
    Microfsteners

I am sure I have missed someone. Jump in here TQ. I will update the list.

JB

Attached Files:

10. CircusPrincess

CircusPrincess Circus Staff

Awesome job Benson. All that was missing was a play by play for everyone's flights. Maybe next time, eh?

This was the best coverage ever of an event. I have a lot to live up to with the next one.

11. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Thanks Princess. This event was a lot of fun. I sure missed Fresno though. I love that event. Maybe next year I will be able to make it.

JB

12. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

I was checking to make sure I got all the picks and found a couple more. Another one of the Unlimited pilots this weekend was Frank Kelley. Frank always seems to have a smile on his face and you can tell he loves the hobby. I hope to get to know Frank better in the future, the couple times I have talked to him he has been a really nice guy.

JB

Attached Files:

13. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Another guy that it has been a pleasure to meet and get to know is Ray Fulks. Ray is part of team San Diego and always show up with his wife Miss Ellie. I didn't get a shot of Ray this weekend, but I did catch Miss Ellie hanging out with Sue Nelson. They seemed to be having way to much fun. These ladies are great and it is awesome to see them supporting their husbands in the hobby.

JB

Attached Files:

14. In-N-Out

In-N-Out previously Cowlhead

Wow. Great job it seems that Nick and Benson found there calling.

15. lazyboyflyer

lazyboyflyer IN & OUT BURGERS RULE

This is an excellent review Jason, the profiles is a nice touch, very well done!

16. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Thanks Howard. Will get you at the next one.

JB

17. Dan J

Dan J Big Deal

Nice job JB! The Cactus classic '08 was a success. Thanks for the exellent coverage!
    Once again, congradulations on your victory!
    Dan J

18. sweetpea

sweetpea Moving North

Wish I coulda made it

19. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

We wish you could've been there too Sweetpea!! Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the resilts up on the mini-iac site?

JB

20. quist

quist Well-Known Member

I dont know. I gave Pedro all the info Sunday night after the contest. Maybe Holden has to send them a check first.