Cactus Classic IMAC

Discussion in 'Events' started by JBenson, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Here are a few more shots of these guys.

JB

Attached Files:

2. quist

quist Well-Known Member

We are blessed with some good people out in the South West IMAC region.

3. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Yes we are Quist.

JB

4. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

One of the things about IMAC that I like to see is the kids. There are several young guys out there giving us old guys a runny for our money. Yet another outstanding Father/Son team is Mike and Cody McLean. Cody is a great kid that has definite flying skills. Mike is another one of those great guys that wants to see everyone have a good time and always has a smile and a hand shake ready for you. This weekend we were lucky to have Cody's mom join us as well.

JB

Cody flew his way to 2nd place in intermediate this past weekend.

Attached Files:

5. Dan J

Dan J Big Deal

WOW!!!! JBenson thanks for your help getting me here. Great thread too.
    As usual the Tony's did an incredable job with the cactus. I for one had a great time at this event, it was alot of fun hanging out with JBenson & bodywerks. (The carny asada rocked) Nick, Cody, and Joe just flat out kick my head in intermediate, I think it's time for you guys to move up.LOL Nobody metioned the Goodwine's Phil, Luke, Kyle It was good talking with you guys, Hope everything works out at you field. I love your trailer, it's bigger than my garage! LOL I look forward to seeing yall @ the next contest!
    Dan J aka:"Big Deal"

6. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Dan, glad you made it. I did make a post for the Goodwines but must have forgotten to hit submit. I will redo that one in a few.

JB

7. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

OK, so another great Father/Son +1 team is Goodwine Aerosports. The team consists of Phil and Kyle Goodwin as well as Luke Johnson. Kyle is hitting the Basic class pretty hard. Luke Johnson is flying in Sportsman and will be moving up through the ranks I am sure. The one definite is that these guys win the "My Trailer is Bigger Then Your Trailer" award everywhere they go. Keep up the great work guys.

JB

Kyle placed 3rd in Basic. Good job Kyle.

Attached Files:

8. Dan J

Dan J Big Deal

Where's funboy? He flew really good too.

9. Gmoney

Gmoney Circus Staff

This guy is my hero! I sported the mullet in my day.. Kids got C L A S S!

Attached Files:

10. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Can't just enjoy the pics that are up can you Dan? Well, funboy was not forgotten. Here is a show of him and Kenspeckle. Funboy made trip down' all the way from Denver. There may have been some other motivation there, but who knows. Cody is a great guy to hang out with. Great flying Cody.

JB

Attached Files:

11. 1BWANA1

1BWANA1 Senior member

JB,
    This is the best, most meaningful coverage of an IMAC event I have ever seen on line. It really makes me sorry I couldn't make this one. The more I looked at the pictures, the sorrier I got. We are truly lucky to have the people we have in our region. See you all at the nest one!

12. CircusPrincess

CircusPrincess Circus Staff

You know Steve, my MOJO went to waste last weekend. It could have helped someone else. I didn't know you didn't make it. Next time, pm me and give me a heads up, okay?

13. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

14. CircusPrincess

There is no credit at all. I was not aware that you were not competing either. So, I used up your MOJO also.

Maybe your MOJO and Steve's MOJO all went to Benson and Bodywerks. They both took 1st place in their divisions. I guess they can thank you and Steve. They were double MOJOed.

15. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

No, I mean for the idea of introducing the IMAC comunity princess. I got no mojo this year for flying.

16. 1BWANA1

1BWANA1 Senior member

Princess,
    Sorry I didn't let you know, I was still trying to get away the day before the contest. I agree, your Mojo was not waisted. The Cirkus Brothers all used it to finish well.

Spike,
    You have a lot of mojo coming. Just get the planes done!!!!

17. CircusPrincess

we need to come up with something that MOJO stands for. Like an anagram or whatever that's called. Anyone like to try?

Then we'll make t-shirts or hats or something.

18. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Just keep the mojo coming out way Princess. We need all we can get.

JB

19. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Here are a few more miscellaneous shots from the weekend. the last two are from the awards at the end of the day Sunday. We squeaked out just before the winds hit. Thank you to everyone for making every effort to keep things running smooth.

JB

Attached Files:

20. JBenson

JBenson Circus Staff

Another Father/Son combo is Mike and Dominic Grasso. Dominic is a very good kid with plenty of backing from his dad, Mike. Dominic was in contention to win Basic all weekend. He ended the weekend in 2nd place. Great job young man.

JB

Attached Files: