BUSA 1/4 scale Fokker D-VII Build

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
OK. This is Fokker related.

I went on FG cause I was bored and edited all my posts in my Fokker Thread. I had that warning about editing my post or I'll get a point. I'm just wondering if I got the right post.:biggrin::smash::biggrin:

Just had a call from Mike to go flying so I'll see you guys later, :thumbsup:

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
I had to fix one of the N-struts. The mounting tab came loose the last time I flew it. It's an easy fixClean everything up real nice with some sand paper. Remount it in the wing and re solder. I put a piece of masking tape under it to protect the covering. Got out the matching house paint and it's fixed. LOL.

Have our Chapter 48 IMAA Fly in this saturday. IMAA don't exist anymore so we will see where that will take us. The Fly In is still a go.

Attachments

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
The struts held up nice.

Here are some pictures that Joe Bays took yesterday. It never got into the 60s here and the wind was cross wind at 15mph. "BRRRRRR" My hands actually got cold while flying. I got hot and tired trying to start the ZDZ40. Mike Sharp stepped in to lend a hand. I had to ritchen up the low end and then it started every time after that.The cross wind landings were fun. The plane stops on a dime when you turn it into the wind. No problem landing but you had to shut it off where it stopped and pull it back to the pits. A lesson I learned with a $120 prop at an IMAC meet. LOL.

Attachments

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Yes Tom those are some great pictures. I love that plane.
I am getting cold just looking at you guys in your jackets.
I am so not ready for that.

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Today was a different day. We all sat around in our tshirts. Amazeing what 24 hrs can do around here...

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
I've been posting my wing recover on FB and pam reminded me that I needed to update the build thread.

The Covering has been coming loose in the aileron hinge gap since the second summer the plane was flying. I kept ironing it back down but it started shrinking away from the hinge lineTHis simply happened cause I didn't wrap the covering around the edge. Together with me not liking How I covered the front of the wing. I didn't wrap it around far enough either. That just means I had to recover the top of the top wing. The rest of the plane looks ok. I started the recovering on Friday and this is Sunday afternoon. I also have to rebind the transmitter to this plane. I sold the 12 X it was on last Summer. That was basically the biggest reason I didn't fly it last season.Here are all the pictures I have till now. I have just finished putting the White border stripe on the Cross'.

Attachments

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
I thought I was the only one who cut, or frayed, the covering to cover curves like that.
That looks real nice Tom.

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Thanks. No one has thought me to cover. I just started doing it and found what works and what don't. Slicing it seems to work for me. As a matter of fact by the time I did the last scallop, I was getting real comfortable and about twice as fast as the first one. :)

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
I took my time and painted the cross' the first time I did the wing. I had people tell me it was to clean and to nice. So this time I rushed it and didn't care about brush marks or seepage under the tape. Guess what? It looks great. I like it.

Attachments

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
It does look good. I guess you don't want it to look too clean as I am sure the originals weren't that way. However I never actually thought about it either.