Discussion in 'Plane Kits & Frames' started by BRUTUS, Feb 11, 2013.
Pam, no step necessary!
Tom, do it! Do it! Sell that Dalton!
LOL. No way am I selling the Dalton.
I'll trade you for my P47:thumbsup:
You know I'm just kidding, right?
All I need is another pair of high maintanence jugs! :biggrin:
LOL. That is Funny.:biggrin:
Kind of but it's more like this.:biggrin:
Ok Tom. Now thats funny as heck. I needed that giggle.
Youre welcome.I'm a spontanious smart ass.:biggrin: Somtimes it just hits me.:smash:
These are back on my fix list. One of the fork mounts needs to be repaired, and I'm removing the rudder servo and sealing the hatch. Every time I have been to the lake the rudder bay has floded, and my servo has stalled hard over. I want to do a simple pull pull that I can clip straight onto my existing tailwheel horn. With 4 tiny 8mm dia. pulleys from here: http://www.modelbox.info//single-pulley-block-8mm-dia-pt-no173-304-p.asp and a little soldering on the water rudder and I should have a servo-less solution. The only fiddly bit will be making sure the steel leaders are properly run through the pulleys. I'm actually getting excited about getting these fixed hopefully once and for all!
Here's a pic of the pulleys I ordered from the UK.
Or ... for $30 you could just stick a waterproof servo in there.
I've thought about it, but I'd rather just seal the servo bay shut. It kills me that I spent all that time building them, and every time they get wet inside it shortens their life. Plus, the cables are more scale ;-)
How you launch a float plane when you have no water ....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-JDogTLtels" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I took the day to get the floats back into flying (floating) shape today. One of the forks on the N strut that supports most of the weight of the plane was bent and broken out of the strut itself. I straightened it out, potted it back into place with CA and accelerator, sanded the area, and wrapped it in a triple layer of carbon cloth and West system epoxy. Then, I sanded and painted the repair. I also got out the soldering tools and made up the new water rudder pull pull system. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. I found some good medium duty springs to take the load off the servo, and am very pleased with how well the system works. Now all I have to do is install 4 bolts, and clip on two clevises at the lake.
Security token missing.... Will post pics when able.
well, I got 2 to upload...
Separate names with a comma.