BH 50CC Yak 55 build

Lectrictech

Is there a dealer on or near the east coast for the Yak? I was on BH's website and it said order from a dealer. I didn't see any place to order one.

davensocal

Jomamma-
Was yours a 50cc?

If so, the price is low enough you might be able to just replace it :)

Otherwise, maybe Bill will jump on this thread and let you know about parts availability..

Lectrictech-
I thought we purchase directly from Bill.. I just checked his site, and it looks like the Yak's are on sale (Sweet!!) .. Anyway, it looks like the dealers listed are for international folks.. Either way, he is a good guy, no problem contacting him..

I think you can email him at [email protected]

Update from my airframe.. Finally was home for a few days and got to fly her.. I haven't been on the sticks in about a year, so it was a rough start. Airframe feels great though, medium speed knife edge requires almost no input, just a breath of nose up.. Stalls are even and predictable, and landings 'will' be a blast.. I only have a couple of flights on it, but on a couple of landings I was really amazed at how much elevator it would tolerate (without losing stability, or rocking the wings) just prior to settling in..

I am really looking forward to getting to know this plane :)

PS- FWIW, Benson wrung it out pretty good for me early on, just to be sure.. It got a thumbs up from him!

jomamma

I would but the plane is to tail heavy for me.
It's a great looking plane but it needs to much
weight up front to get it balanced out. On my dead stick it droped
like a brick. I was at least 200 feet up with pleanty of time to react.
Other thean that it flew OK and landed like a trainer. You got me on
it being tail heavy.

palmsp9

DA 50 with Vess 23A
Hitec Titanium geared servos
Flight control Duralite Plus 4300mah 4cell 2s2p w/ 6v. Duralite reg.
Ignition Duralite 2150mah w/ 6v. Duralite Reg.
Built by Gene Jobgen. Recently purchased and upgraded by Mike Longnecker Hemet, CA
Weight 16.65 lbs

Attachments

Last edited:

palmsp9

DA 50 with Vess 23A
Hitec Titanium geared servos
Flight control Duralite Plus 4300mah 4cell 2s2p w/ 6v. Duralite reg.
Ignition Duralite 2150mah w/ 6v. Duralite Reg.
Built by Gene Jobgen
Weight 16.65 lbs