Balsa USA Camel F1 Kit Build

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Congrats on the maiden Tom.
Thank you so much for sharing this build project with all of us. This was fun to follow along.
So a Fokker, a Camel, is something from France next?:)

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
I finally have something good to post so I'm updating here. Some of you already saw this on Face Book. Look again. :)

Made two events with the Camel. The first was my own Eagles and Friends Fly In in Converse Indiana. The camel has just had the 3rd ignition put in it. So far so Good. I was anxious to fly it. It was down for about 6weeks. The Engine needed leaned out but it ran great and the plane flew well.
The next event was the Hoosier Dawn Patrol. Unfortunately the weather didn't co operate but I did get one great flight in with the Camel and my Fokker D-VII. Mike Belamier took some great flying pictures there. Scot Carpenter took the pictures at Converse.
Here are some pictures from both events.

Attachments

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
I completely agree with Dougy on this one. It is indeed the best looking Camel ever.

So Tom, have you thought about which Nieuport kit your planning on building?:biggrin:

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
I completely agree with Dougy on this one. It is indeed the best looking Camel ever.

So Tom, have you thought about which Nieuport kit your planning on building?:biggrin:
Yes I have. I don't care for the newport. I prefer the Spad. But I don't think I will be building either one next. I'm really thinking about an Albatross. :biggrin:

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah I have never liked the Nieuport much either. Spads do look very cool though and so do Albatrossessessss. Lol.

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
I've been rethinking things since my little episode with TIA last week. I think I'll be selling some of my planes. The Jug, Fokker, Cookie and the 35% Edge to make room and to have less on my plate. Not Flying IMAC for a couple of years. Only Fly Ins. Then I will scratch build an Albatross... :)

PS. I have a Brand new DX-18 for sale. I got it from my friend as a backup cause I thought there was something wrong with mine. All I needed was a new battery. The only thing done was my planes and his were transferred over to it. Never been used to fly a plane. Tell your friends. $600 + Shipping. Heck of a Deal. Horizon has $100 off and and the price is over $800.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
So how do the WWI guys do things? I assume that it is a two wing minimum or there is some kind of cover charge.:)