Balsa USA Camel F1 Kit Build

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
She looks great Tom. I can't believe you are almost done. Looking forward to seeing this out on the grass.
Snow?????? WTF. Lol.

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
I can't wait for him to finish it. Then I can come down and fly the Camel while he flies his Fokker. Should make for some real cool combat. ;)

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Finished up the flying wires. Made up the tail skid. Plumbed the fuel tank but ran short on fuel line for the vent hose. I'll finish that tomorrow. Art Frye has some so he'll save me a trip to the LHS.
I also got the Sewing Awl in the mail yesterday. Time top learn how to sew. LOL.

Attachments

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
So are you going to hook up a bungie to the tail skid? :leaving:
No its a fake. I did the Fokker the same way. Just used the stock tail skid wire and incased it in ply wood. Still springs but looks better then the wire.

Tseres

Whiny Old Man
Finished the plumbing this morning. Then I found out that I put the rear stripe in the wrong place so I had to fix it. Then I sat down and figured out how to use the awl. Did an OK Job. I'll get better as I do more. The pilot is to tall in the cockpit so I'll have to cut him down to size.

Attachments

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Oh, THAT leather. Lol.
I would have just went with the split neoprene and called it a day. But I guess that is why you are you and I am not. That looks really impressive to me Tom.

thepamster

The Mistress of Biplanes
Lifetime Supporter
Now he should be able to use those gun sights to shoot down those Fokker's, the Germans, not the family.:)

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
I hate making a base for a pilot. It is so tedious and time consuming. Or at least for me it is.