Discussion in 'Plane Kits & Frames' started by Tseres, Aug 26, 2016.
Its going to be....
Just checking in to let everyone know that I'm still alive. Not working on the Albi right now. No time. Been busy with everything else. I see no light at the end of the tunnel right now. The good thing is that I know that the light is there.
I looked back and realized that I didn't update here on the wing. I am modifying the one piece wings to be a 3 piece wings... The lower center section is framed up and the lower left outer section of the wing is also framed up. Looks like the plane wont be finished this Summer. It's OK cause I'm not in a big hurry.
Thanks for the update Mr. Seres. We shall await your popping out from the end of the tunnel.:biggrin:
Any progress is good progress!
I resurfaced the building table a couple of days ago. I fully intended on building the Albatross and only working on it. I told everyone that I was done for a while working on other peoples planes. There are exceptions to everything. My son showed up with my old Sboch and wanted me to fix the landing gear. He wants to get back into flying so I couldn't say no. I do have the MVVS-58 that Steve gave me and some servos and a receiver he can use to get him going. I'm just letting him use my engine and servos. I did a little work on it but decided to finish the lower Albi wing first.
I had the spars made up already so I have very little time in the wing section. Not Quite Finished with the lower left wing. Al that's remaining is the cap strips on the bottom of the wing. I'm also close on sheeting the center section. Have to figure out how to mount it first.
Here is the work on the Sboch. It's standing on its own two feet again. Needs a few more braces before I can put the covering back on.
Dammitt Tom these kids are never going to learn anything if you keep on fixing there f'ing stuff for them! Lol.
The wing sheeting looks awesome, BTW. I hear that "BTW" is what the kids are saying these days. :biggrin:
I love that drywall idea. I think I will do that in the future.
My son and I have an understanding. I fix his planes and he fixes my cars. Been working out pretty good. He's trying to get back into flying and I'm trying to push er help him in that direction. He broke the knuckle on his right hand last weekend so I have time to get his going.
Meant to post this yesterday. Came down with a sinus infection. Took some drugs and spent most of the day in bed. Weather here has been horrendous. Got a bunch of rain from Tropical storm Cindi. Good thing is I slept through most of it.
The lower wing is mostly finished and mounted. Just need to cover the bottom of the center section and set the plane up and make sure its square and the incidence is neutral The top wing will be two degrees down in the front. Once I finish the lower wing I'll start working on my sons plane and knock it out.
Damn that is really a big ass plane!
I Am in complete agreement with the northern representative that is one big a$$ plane.
Someone once said. Go big or don't go at all.
Finished the sheeting on the bottom of the center section. Turned out pretty good for winging it.. There is no print for this.
Wow this thing is really coming along now, especially since you are not messing around with other people's crap "OPC".
Problem is. I am Messing around with my sons Sboch. The lower wing is finished minus the strut attachment points. Don't know How I'm going to o them yet. There are no views on the print. I guess its really going to be my way. :yikes:
Been sick with sinus plus I tore down one of the decks in the back yard. Not much done on any planes. Good news is that I did go flying yesterday for the first time in a month. I actually flew some also.
THe lower wing is framed up and on the wall till I can get back to the plane again.
Started working on the upper wing. This was designed to be a one piece wing. I'm splitting it like the lower in 3 pieces.
The spars are done. I'm putting a 1in. square aluminum tube for the spar on the top wing. Made up the wing tube out of 1/8 lite ply. This was where I nicked my thumb on the table saw. Happy to report that its healing nice and it don't hurt to much.
Started putting the center section together. I decided to swap out the balsa ribs with 1/8 lite ply. Made the 4 new ribs today but still need to put the anti rotation pin and make up some screw flanges to screw the sections together before I can glue the end ribs on.
Good call on the lite ply choice. With a aluminum tube in there it would seem odd for balsa ribs for that section.
Separate names with a comma.