Anything thread.

kaveman

If you ask me, that is not a matter of airspace. It's a privacy matter. Filming one's home or back yard from the air, or any other position, with any means camera platform, probably should be somehow measured against the privacy rights of the subject of the video. I would thing that is an independent issue from UAV and airspace controls. If there are addition restrictions or limits to flying objects in an airspace, they apply as well. The matter of mixing the privacy and flying airspace restrictions is confusing the legal wrangling, because that is not defined in most laws specifically.
you can send one over in to my yard anytime but I will shoot it down and keep it for my self lol

aussiesteve

Yep - That's Cam

http://www.thebadpiper.com/

When I was learning to "Play" the bagpipes a while back, he shoed me how to set them up (believe it or not there is a lot of little things to get right before you can use them to make that sound - I looked for a teacher near to me and didn't realise it was him until I turned up LOL). I know I'll never be anywhere near as good as him though. He's actually a REALLY nice guy and is passionate about the pipes. He's amazing to see (hear) in real life.

aussiesteve

It's actually a pretty simple setup.
He has a small LPG bottle on his back just behind the Bag, tubes run up the outside of the drones (as in the tall pipes on his shoulder - not UAV's) there is an igniter on the end of each tube (Think of it as a 1/4-32 plug) and a switch (Under his right armpit) that operates the fuel solenoid and the ignition unit simultaneously.

Many in the "Traditional" Piping world don't like him - what they don't realise is that he was "clasically trained" in piping and quite successful in that arena. But being of the punk rock era, he wanted to expand his horizons above that of both the traditional noises made by pipes and has travelled the world making money out of playing pipes ever since (Something that is extremely rare in traditional piping). He got to the last of the semi-finals in Australias got talent - I'm not quite sure what that says about Aussies though :biggrin:

psycho-patch

Ummmmmm.........nice...............cover!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p7NNY3NKipE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

psycho-patch

I don't know if I have ever posted this before but this is for the people who like old, restored iron and soda pop!! I remember many of these cars from my youth. This is what excited me to pursue engineering and automotive interests. I still have this ingrained in my DNA!
If you have 20mins, check it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lUP6w7wIPtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

psycho-patch

Yeah! I think it is cool too!

Back then, single mag, single pump, 6-71/8-71, full load, lean, 3k plus idle, and hot!! They have a unique sound all their own. The learning curve to what it is today was very steep!

Tired Old Man

Staff member
I don't know if I have ever posted this before but this is for the people who like old, restored iron and soda pop!! I remember many of these cars from my youth. This is what excited me to pursue engineering and automotive interests. I still have this ingrained in my DNA!
If you have 20mins, check it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lUP6w7wIPtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
For a short period of time in my youth I was part of the pit crew for the California Speed Products AAFD Charger. This back in the days of Lions and OCIR. Your video brought back every moment of that for a sweet second.