Anybody Fly in the Santa Clarita Area?

Discussion in 'Giant RC Plane Forum' started by CaliNative, Jan 16, 2012.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Jan 16, 2012 #1

CaliNative

CaliNative

CaliNative

I'm looking to join the local club in the Santa Clarita, Valencia Area... Anybody here fly in that area? I Just want some General Information.

2. Jan 16, 2012 #2

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Circus Staff Lifetime Supporter

where are you living now?

There is a club in the palmcaster area...

I dunno of one in the valencia area...

3. Jan 16, 2012 #3

CaliNative

CaliNative

CaliNative

There is a club in Castaic that i'm more interested in.. Palmdale (as much as I like Afro-man) just isn't really a place i want to drive to. I bought a house close to Six Flags Magic Mountain.

4. Jan 16, 2012 #4

BVargas

BVargas

BVargas

3W Flyer

The next place thats close to you is called the Basin,,, just off the 405 and Victory Rd. Its a city park with awsome shade trees for during the summer time.

However, it does get very busy,,, a free for all if you will and has a ceiling hieght due to the local airport flight path,,, Good Luck :)

So if I were you I would join up with those Castaic people,,, Great bunch of guys they are!

http://canyoncrosswinds.com/

The one other place i would check out is here and not to bad of a drive,,, www.cicondors.com/

BV

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  5. Jan 16, 2012 #5

CaliNative

CaliNative

CaliNative

Thanks BV,

I have been flying at the basin for 6+ years... i'm over it... for many reasons... Camarillo is a bit far for me.. Castaic is about 10 minutes away. I sent the club prez an email... i was just hoping to find some other Big Boy R/C pilots that flew there..

6. Jan 16, 2012 #6

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Circus Staff Lifetime Supporter

I have heard in the past a bit of a negative outlook towards big gas (particularly 3D) planes from the castaic crowd....

if this is untrue... my apologies.. it is just what I have heard in the past...

:(

7. Apr 14, 2014 #7

trishalow89

trishalow89

trishalow89

I live in Santa Clarita and what club you join it. I want to fly but how?

8. Apr 14, 2014 #8

CaliNative

CaliNative

CaliNative

I was able to join Canyon Crosswinds shortly after i posted this. They are a group of friendly guys that emphasize safety in a positive way. Their field is usually pretty open on any given day. There are some traffic patterns that the club suggests you fly (due to the neighboring water treatment plant) that may be difficult for beginners. The prevailing winds usually yield a SSW take off, on final approach using this runway there are many up/down drafts as your aircraft cross the cliff's edge, the runway is perfect for .60 Size aircraft although i regularly flew a 40% there. The club requires current AMA and i think there is a small initiation fee although i'm not 100% sure. The yearly dues are fair. The club is located over looking Castaic Lake and Valencia which are complimented with Aesthetically pleasing views. There is a Supervised flight for new members prior to joining the club.

Here is their website http://www.canyoncrosswinds.com.

If you have any additional questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014