Airplanes for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

tisoy909

You wouldn't allow pickup? I'd imagine that would be just about as convenient as it gets, and no pictures of the planes or even the boxes. Something doesn't smell right.

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Interesting the first posts for two people on this site are intended to sell kits by someone whose site name depicts a professional builder, with the other complaining about a lack of ability to pick up that's not referenced in the original selling post.

I'm not too keen on someone starting their membership with a "for sale" post but I'll let it run if there's more transparency (detailed location and contact info of the seller) posted in a follow up with some pictures and more personal info about the seller, including expansion on shipping and/or pick up options.

Revy

K, letsgo!!
Interesting the first posts for two people on this site are intended to sell kits by someone whose site name depicts a professional builder, with the other complaining about a lack of ability to pick up that's not referenced in the original selling post.

I'm not too keen on someone starting their membership with a "for sale" post but I'll let it run if there's more transparency (detailed location and contact info of the seller) posted in a follow up with some pictures and more personal info about the seller, including expansion on shipping and/or pick up options.
Just pictures won't help. I had pictures of my UE Supermaxx posted on e-bay for sale. They just pulled 'em off the web from one of the forums. Wonder what his face looked liked when I replied to him before I reported the fraud.

I don't think too many here would do business with someone outta the blue. We gotta get to know ya. ;)

Barnstormer

I don't know where he got the idea that pick up wasn't available. I'll be picking up the Dalton tomorrow. George seems to be a good guy to work with. I have no complaints.

Last edited:

Classclown

You wouldn't allow pickup? I'd imagine that would be just about as convenient as it gets, and no pictures of the planes or even the boxes. Something doesn't smell right.
Yep, sure doesn't smell right when one signs up at a site, and attacks one trying to sell stuff...

tisoy909

Well, I responded to the post, showing interest in the Yak, offered to pick up as im about a 40 drive from Lakewood, and my reponse was deleted. Why was it deleted?

Probuiltrc

Well, I responded to the post, showing interest in the Yak, offered to pick up as im about a 40 drive from Lakewood, and my reponse was deleted. Why was it deleted?
Hi tisoy909...., I never deleted any response.:confused5:
If you are seriously interested in the "Hempel Yak 55", I more than welcome you to come and pick up the plane.:thumbsup:

My classified post clearly indicates a contact email address, and also suggests for any interested parties to PM me if that's more convenient. I have had some folks contacting me regarding the planes for sale, and I'm doing my best to accommodate, as well as respond to all the fellas asking for shipping quotes by the various delivery companies. I reply to anyone who's interested, and include my phone number to the fellas that are serious about purchasing. Posting pictures of boxes IMHO is silly. There are two kits (foam cores & balsa sticks, plywood parts, fiberglass parts, etc....) and an ARF aircraft in two boxes. I'm not going to disturb the care in packaging that the manufacturer took to get the planes and kits to me unharmed. For someone to say "somethings fishy here", seems unwarranted. I'm a pro builder thinning my stock of kits because I need the room in the house, and wifeepooh has been bugging me to set up a craft room for her and the kids.... lol! Relax dude.....:rolleyes2:

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Probuiltrc could not have deleted a post or response from another. That is not possible. Only a moderator or the site owner can do that.

Probuilt,

With all due, I don't know you from Adam and Eve so a first post that is also an attempt to make a sale isn't the nicest way to start a long and loving relationship. How about telling us a bit about yourself and some of your accomplishments? It lets us all (well, maybe just me but I'm nosy) get to know each other a little better and perhaps, just perhaps, you can get some fun out of the deal at the same time. Ya never know, someone might like the looks of your work so much they would be interested in having you build a project. Not many builders left any more and you mentioned a couple of mighty fine builder's kits.

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
Wish I had the extra cash, Id get the Carden Pro from you. Dont have to worry about me buying it. Far too many projects on the table currently to take on a full build.

Barnstormer

Just got home from picking up the Dalton. I wouldn't hesitate buying from Probuilt. I wanted to buy the Yak also, but my wife was loosing her sence of humer. I still haven't finished the Dalton 260. For some reason that I have a hard time understanding, she thinks I have too many airplanes. Today was a nice reminder of the amazing people that you meet in this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.