Aeroworks 100cc Extra 300

Showtime

Circus Staff
I just finished my second one yesterday and it came just at 28lb the difference is i removed the canisters tunnel. I am using the same set up just went with one pull pull servo instead of it in the tail. All i can say dont worry about 29 lb it is a floaty plane. I loved mine so much i had to get another one when i dumb thumb mine in..... Just be careful of the wing tube. i have bent two of them..... Rocco said the carbon will be there in a few weeks.

Paul5992

Thanx, everyone for the kind words. I bought a Berkley digital fish scale today. New weight is 28 pounds 10 ounces. That ain't bad.

Last edited:

Bodywerks

Circus Staff
Mine came out right at 27lbs. That's with a good digital scale.
The main difference is that I used a BME 110 engine on mine (2lbs lighter than the old style DA 100).
I also took out all of the balsa that made up the cannister tunnel (saved me 6 ozs), and I took out the dash panel wood in the canopy, and I used all the carbon parts (wing tube, stab tubes, tail wheel).
The carbon parts don't save a whole lot, but it's worth it to me because I fly at 5,000 feet.

My problem now is that my CG is about 3/4" behind what they recommend. I'm concerned that may be too tail heavy. I haven't flown it yet because I sent my 12X in for firmware updates, and I don't have it back yet.

Jim
What batteries are you using and where are they? If they are not 2" forward of the firewall they are not far enough forward, IMO. And if you are using extremely light batteries then maybe some more battery is in order?

Paul5992

Here is a video of my maiden. It flies great 28 pounds 10 ounces. No problem. I don't think it would fly better if it were lighter.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf7dV9vMThc&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Rod Bender

Team Flying Circus
Lifetime Supporter
Just glad to hear its not the norm. Had a friend start his own plane a couple weeks ago, right after he flipped it, it started, he somehow bumpted\hit the throttle on the TX and the plane was coming right after him. He got out of the way and shut it down, but... what a wake up call

Paul5992

Just glad to hear its not the norm. Had a friend start his own plane a couple weeks ago, right after he flipped it, it started, he somehow bumpted\hit the throttle on the TX and the plane was coming right after him. He got out of the way and shut it down, but... what a wake up call
Yea, That's a very scary thing to think of that 27X10 coming to eat you. Like I said I had my buddy on the tail just before I handed him my camera phone. Also I had the idle set very low. And, yes I was very nervous and excited.

Rod Bender

Team Flying Circus
Lifetime Supporter
Yea, That's a very scary thing to think of that 27X10 coming to eat you. Like I said I had my buddy on the tail just before I handed him my camera phone. Also I had the idle set very low. And, yes I was very nervous and excited.
Ya, it looked like you'd already ran it up, started way too fast\easy, congrats on that maiden, nice holding KE straight out of the chute, or looked to be

Paul5992

Ya, it looked like you'd already ran it up, started way too fast\easy, congrats on that maiden, nice holding KE straight out of the chute, or looked to be
One thing on the KE. They are easy to do well if you have a plane that practically does the knife edge for you. This plane is unreal. I'm very happy with it.

Paul5992

where was this filmed at
It's filmed on a private ultralight runway about 15 miles from my house. It's about 60 feet wide and 2500 feet long. And there are only a few people that have permission to fly there. It's a lot of fun. Dead sticks have never been a problem.

Last edited:

diviatix

I'm considering this plane for a BME 116 Xtreme.
Paul did you put the rudder servo in the tail or on a pull-pull?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Paul5992

I'm considering this plane for a BME 116 Xtreme.
Paul did you put the rudder servo in the tail or on a pull-pull?

Cheers,

Andrew.
I think you will have a tough time getting it to balance with the BME and a tail mounted servo. I'm running a DA-100 on slimline in cowl mufflers. Tail mounted servo and my A123s are way up in front of the tank.

Attachments

Paul5992

OK, I just charged my A123 booma rc 2300mah packs after a total of about 1/2 an hour of flying and ground running time on Sunday, and I used a grand total of 469ma of juice. Does that sound right? If that's right I figured I can fly for 3 hours before I get to 60% battery capacity. That can't be right? Guys were saying they use about 400 ma per 10 minute flight? I don't get it. Please help.