Aero-Works Cap 232 on a Diet

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
Thats right I am building a Aeroworks Cap 232 Stick Plane but there is a catch its on a diet. The first picture is of the plane before assembly and before it has been lightened. The second picture is of the wings, elevator, and fuselage that has been lightened.

Attachments

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
The first thing I did was to look at the parts I note areas that I could loose weight without compromising the structural integrity. For example I took out the extra wood around the canopy, and cowl. Secondly I drilled holes in the wings and elevator to help maintain the CG while at the same time loosing several grams. I gathered up all of the sawdust and I lost about 2.5 grams. That is not taking the dust in the air into account. The final picture is of the stick plane completed.

david010567

aka Schlawiener
Cowl... I think you should go all the way with this build. You should put in wing fairings made from Bondo and ... oh... of course you will need the Radio South Monokote matching PPG paint system. Can't wait to see your progress... Keep up the good work. More pics please!

In-N-Out

previously Cowlhead
Cowl... I think you should go all the way with this build. You should put in wing fairings made from Bondo and ... oh... of course you will need the Radio South Monokote matching PPG paint system. Can't wait to see your progress... Keep up the good work. More pics please!

Im not really happy with the way it flies so I will be taking out some more weight and using monokote in lieu of the light ply. I think some side force generators are in order.

Mithrandir

Circus Staff
Lifetime Supporter
I had a similar IMAC plane years ago.. it was really awesome but doing continuous snaps on a downline really hurt my wrist :eek: