8911hv

Revy

K, letsgo!!
What are you using it in?

I doubled them up on the CARF's rudder, but on Jedi's Edge I'm only using one for rudder duty. Works well in it so far. :biggrin:

yakken

What are you using it in?

I doubled them up on the CARF's rudder, but on Jedi's Edge I'm only using one for rudder duty. Works well in it so far. :biggrin:
Thinking about buying a 40% extra with 8911hv servos. But I run a123's in all my planes. I don't want to change from a123 batts. It has two 8911 on the rudder. Think that's enough?

Revy

K, letsgo!!
They may have busted my tail in the 35% CARF!:ack:

IMHO, I'd do it. They peak out at 470oz each @ 7.4v, so at 6.6 I figure it should be around 400-425oz ea...2S lipos do dip into the A123 voltage range.

TEC

I'll be running my 8911's on 6.6V this season, I have two servo's on the rudder of my AW Edge 540, which might be a little overkill :biggrin: one servo did just fine on my 104" slick last year.

yakken

I fly slow 3d not a speed person. What do you guys know about a swb self adjusting rudder tray? Are they any good.

terickson

50%s speedbuilding school
I fly slow 3d not a speed person. What do you guys know about a swb self adjusting rudder tray? Are they any good.
I've got one on my 110" Yak, Think it's really cool, allows for a save in a servo lock-up. Weighs a bit more, though......
Oh, and don't let the cable get too slack, it can jump the pulley, leaving the rudder to oscillate and pucker yo sphincter!

Classclown

I have both the two and three SWB servo trays. They are a bit heavy, thinking of drilling holes along the sides of the rails, just to loose some weight.

Classclown

For my 2.6m Extra, since the CompArf comes in tail heavy, I was gonna gut the tray, just use the tiller arm and the cable fittings, and mount everything on a carbon fiber plate.

Classclown

That'd be cool.:thumbsup:
What would be cool, was if I got off my lazy a$$, and actually start working on these damn planes! Nothing flies right now. This always happens. I get caught up, then crash stuff until I've got nothing to fly. What is wrong with me?:eek:ut:
I've got a 43% PAU Edge, a 2.6m and 3m CompArf Extra to build, flying season is here, I gotta start building!!!:ack: I need more money!!!:smash:

terickson

50%s speedbuilding school
Come to think of it.....I've seen guys just buy the fittings from SWB and float the pulleys on the end of the cables. Lighter and Cheaper........Not as Bling though.

Classclown

Yeah, but the plate I will be using will be kinda like an X brace, with the tiller arm and the servos in the middle. Bling enough for me, but more importantly, functional.