50cc msxr

Vital-Rc

After a long wait, she finally arrived. Judging by the box I knew it couldn't be good. It didn't take much effort to open the box as one end was completely exposed to the elements. In the process of now of damage control, it's nothing really bad just enough to piss you off :)

Here it is 50cc MSXR, this is my first build thread in along time and with work and a preggo wife I am sure this will take multiple trips to the frig. :thumbsup:

Enjoy and I will take any comments to help improve my assembly abilities.

towman208

Sweet lookin plane! That box looks like it went thru wwIII. Was the only damage at the root on the T/E of that wing?:yikes:

Vital-Rc

Sweet lookin plane! That box looks like it went thru wwIII. Was the only damage at the root on the T/E of that wing?:yikes:
Wing tips, cowl has a crack, and a few other minor things. Once fixed it shouldn't look to bad. :ack:

Vital-Rc

Well if you buy this plane the wheel pants are a joke, cheap plastic material. The paint was applied with no preparation to the substrate so therefore when you sand the openings to allow for the wheel clearance it just flakes off in large pieces. I don't see the wheel paints lasting more then 2 flights, ran into a few problems on the plane mostly on my part.

On a higher note the elevator servos are installed and working (JR8611 servos with 20 awg extensions) , landing gear, and receiver mounted.

Vital-Rc

Well the tail wheel assembly is garbage , very soft aluminum. The bolt
Snapped when barely snug . I got a stainless bolt and made
My way to the turning lathe and made a new piece.

Vital-Rc

Started on the part I hate the most which is adding graphics, spent a few hours today behind a computer designing and cutting vinyl.

Enjoy the pics

Used a lazer to line up the graphics

Vital-Rc

Got the other side laid up, will work on the bottom tomorrow as it's sleepy time.

Special thanks to Chad at TDRC for letting me use the plotter.