40% Sbach Pilot

Discussion in 'Plane Registry' started by Team Felterschnatz, Feb 17, 2011.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Oct 7, 2013 #441

red7fifty

red7fifty

red7fifty

BadAss Member

Ha, you want me to work on it for you instead?
    Everything was pretty much uneventful.
    I did notice a few items that need a little attention, the two rear canopy bolt plates need shimming, and, I need to remind my ground crew, only to do what I ask (in terms of help)
    The only issue I encountered yesterday, was pulling the thing apart. One of my friends pulled 2 of the 3 wing nuts off the 2nd wing panel....and I removed the 3rd wing nut, and started to pull the wing off......but NOBODY un-hooked my servo wires!
    F'N Eh man!
    It tweaked a couple pins on the Smart-Fly board, and the top plate (the servo ID guide plate) of the popped loose off the plastic stand-off keeper thingy.
    Duh, my own fault for not checking.
    The top guide plate just popped back into place, and the pins looked like all it needed was a little smooth jaw pliers action.
    I still have to examine the servo leads at the plugs to look for anything that looks pulled out of place.
    I don't think I pulled it that hard...but, I also know, in some cases, it doesn't take much to damage something.
    I had a friend loose an aileron servo once, when the pin backed out of the servo plug on the extension. It was fine on the ground, but in the air, became dislodged.......One servo full deflection, and plane went it. His plane was salvaged, but still, sh it man!
    :prrr:

2. Oct 7, 2013 #442

red7fifty

red7fifty

red7fifty

BadAss Member

Ex-girlfriend stopped by on Saturday, and sewed up the rudder bag/cover for me. :thumbsup:

I did her laundry.
    :prrr:

Attached Files:

3. Oct 8, 2013 #443

red7fifty

red7fifty

red7fifty

BadAss Member