3W Twin Spark, Worth the $$$?

Tired Old Man

Staff member
Everything has been out of whack for me since I changed from I.E. to Firefox. I haven't figured out all the nuances yet and I think some that I've selected blocks some of what I want....:rolleyes2:

Classclown

Even stranger now. Obviously, you can see my last post. What # post was that? Now, the thread is showing 3 pages, I can't get to page two, it just keeps taking me to the firstg post of the thread. But I just read your post:

Post #21
Everything has been out of whack for me since I changed from I.E. to Firefox. I haven't figured out all the nuances yet and I think some that I've selected blocks some of what I want....
I'm seeing post #10, then it jumps from page 1 to page 3, and shows your post #21.

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
I am viewing with Chrome, not that it makes a difference. I always see things a little twisted. :eek:ut:

Classclown

Everything looks fine and in order for me. I think T.O.M is just screwing with you somehow Clown....
Ok, he may be good with this website mumbo jumbo, but I'm sure he's not that good.

I'm missing page 2, 10 posts, you guys better not be screwing with me, or I'll.... I'll.... Aaaah, nevermind....:ack:

Classclown

Yup, but at this point I am wishing I had a little of what ever you had tonight. ;)
I wished that I was on something, but it's working properly now. That was weird. Those stupid Chinese hackers were up to something, attacking a German engine thread, this is getting ridiculous.

aussiesteve

Did I ever mention that I like 3W's? :biggrin:
Never really thought about them until some "old man" told me to give one a try when I asked him out of extreme frustration a while ago - never looked back since.

Did I also mention that I like watching the stirring going on elsewhere :thumbsup:
(especially if it is because of why I think it is)

Super08

Official DA Fanboy ;)
Lifetime Supporter
I think there is vibration problems from what I have seen and heard on the vids....

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
Did I ever mention that I like 3W's? :biggrin:
Never really thought about them until some "old man" told me to give one a try when I asked him out of extreme frustration a while ago - never looked back since.

Did I also mention that I like watching the stirring going on elsewhere :thumbsup:
(especially if it is because of why I think it is)
Yeah, probably so...... ;)

ben_beyer

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with a 3W 170 in my Dalton. Will most likely be going competition series and twin spark too.

I miss the 3W 56 I had....

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
Atta boy!!!! Take the time to break them in. No 3D for the first 5 gallons of fuel. Take extra precaution to baffle the cowl well!! Your engine will thank you later for that.

aussiesteve

Atta boy!!!! Take the time to break them in. . . . . Take extra precaution to baffle the cowl well!! Your engine will thank you later for that.
:thumbsup:

Most of my fleet is now 3W powered. Nearly all are CS versions (Actually, I only have one that isn't a CS and that is a 28cc) and the larger ones (170 and upwards) are mostly TS. Care with breaking in, care with cooling air and it is all good.

Bunky f. knuckle

Cover shot, MA 10/09!!!
I've owned all 3W's since 2000. With BME being the only other engine I have bought, and I have had nothing but bum luck with it.

I will own 3W from here on out! Might take a little more saving, but I will know in the end, I have the best product MY money buys!