30cc Pilot S-Bach

Discussion in 'Plane Registry' started by Chad H, Nov 20, 2010.

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating:

1. Nov 20, 2010 #1

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

I just went to my bud`s Len`s tonight and checked out his new ship. Our small club has about a dozen members in it, and three of us got our first gasser`s this past season. A couple more have seen the light and are jumpin` in.

Len liked the 30cc Pilot Yak another one of my friends has, and ordered the new version Pilot S-bach. It was bought as a combo deal with a DLE-30 rear carb from Paragon here in Ontario: http://www.prcmodel.com/

Now Len doesn`t get on the very computer very much, he`s kinda old school, but I`m gonna keep at him to sign up on here and give us a build thread on this sweet ship. If he craps out, I will do the best I can by posting photos, and keeping you up dated with how he is making out, what he thinks, and any questions/problems he might have.

My first impression of this Pilot machine is excellent. Not hardley a wrinkle or sag to be seen in the Ultrakote, and all fits and glue joints look good. It came with the graphics already applied, and at no extra costs.

Carbon fibre wing tube, CF stab tube, beautiful CF airfoiled landing gear, CF tail wheel mount, and CF painted spinner are all included. The anti rotation pins on the wings and canopy hatch are CF too I believe. I have to look closer next time.

The wheels are machined aluminum,and very lite. The tank is pre-plumbed but he will check it over and make sure it is Tygon. The pull pull cables are allready done. The control surfaces are pre-hinged, except the rudder for shipping. And the hinges are extra large and good quality. I like them better than the horny type of hinge, more surface area for the glue.

The hardware looks great, ball joints, and good quality threaded rods, and wheel axles.

The fiberglass cowl is nicely done, the paint is excellant, and matches the striping on the fuse. It has a inner ply ring on the rear that uses four hidden bolts to secure it on the fuse. Two in front of the canopy hatch opening, and two below underneath.The fiberglass pants are done equally well, and have the sweeping scale concave outline.

The outlines appear very scale, especially in the fuse area behind the ****pit. Lots of compound curves. The turtle deck is built up wood and not foam $h!t like my Aeroworks Edge and H9 planes.

The engine box/firewall is now made to fit a rear carbed version DLE-30cc. Just bolt it up with the supplied stand-offs that the DLE come with.

The stabs are removable, and bolted on with tabs like a Aeroworks. But the servo`s are mounted in the fuse sides.

He next has alot of decisions to make. He is going to buy a new 2.4 TX right away, because like me, his old TX is getting tired and its time to upgrade.

He has to decide on servo`s, batteries (mostly likely A123), switches, ect ect. This I think is the fun part to any build he is doing now, the looking and shopping. He want`s a smoke system really bad after seeing mine on my 50cc bird, but I am trying to talk him out of it to keep it light.

Now like I said, I am really impressed with the quality of it. I wish I had a scale with me for the airframe because it is super light. Just awesome.

Here are some snap shots just after he pulled it out of the box. He`s really proud of it, and man I would be too. I want one!

I`ll keep you updated with pics and info as this build/assembly goes on through the next months, but I hope he gets his a$$ on here and joins in on the fun.

Attached Files:

2. Nov 20, 2010 #2

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

Some more pic`s of Len`s fresh 30cc Pilot S-bach.

I want a machine this size now too, since most of my flying is done spurt of the moment during the evenings when I`m done work, and don`t have time to assemble a bigger ship. This size I can get out of the basement in one piece, and in the back of the pick-up in one chunk.

Hit the strip and fly! Nice. Can`t wait.

Len you lucky slob.......lol.

Sweet plane dude.

Attached Files:

3. Nov 20, 2010 #3

ProBro Matt-chew

ProBro Matt-chew

ProBro Matt-chew

Toss that fuel tank and tubing.......get a hayes or dubro tank and new tygon. arf fuel tanks are usually junk and will split sooner than later. 10-15 bux extra now will save you a lot down the road.

4. Nov 20, 2010 #4

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Fiji Water bottle tank!

That's just too cute! I like it!

5. Nov 20, 2010 #5

Len

Len

Len

Chad,

Thanks for the review

Len

6. Nov 20, 2010 #6

ericb

ericb

ericb

Team WTFO

Looks great. Save some weight and get the Fiji water bottle. Very easy and reliable.

7. Nov 20, 2010 #7

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

WTF!!!??????

I can`t say ****pit......?

On a site devoted to airplanes, I can`t say ****PIT!!!? :BS:

****pit ****pit ****pit ****PIT!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

$h!t, what we supposed to call it? The drivers compartment? The helm? Steering quarters? Pilot place? The hole?

I don`t know......something seeming familiar here! :ADMIN:

LMAO :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  8. Nov 20, 2010 #8

Dean Bird

Dean Bird

Dean Bird

Lifetime Supporter

The forum software does mask profanity. C0ck fits that bill.

I wonder if the masking settings can be adjusted to allow that word. Then let the mods take care of it when it's used inappropriately.

Showtime, can that be done?

9. Nov 20, 2010 #9

Revy

Revy

Revy

K, letsgo!!

It is gonna fly like all of the Pilot S'bachs! Floaty and very responsive. It'll be lighter than most ARF's it's size.

I'm glad to hear you had a good buying experience from Ray. I will say he is a stand up guy when things aren't right.

The tank is better than most think, but the tubing should be changed out and the vent line extended to go down one side then the other, on what ever tank you use, on its way out of the fuse. I don't know why Tony plumbs 'em so short.

The tail wheel and the main axles should be swapt out as they are a bit soft and bend easy with any sort of landing. Could happen on take off hitting the grass/weed lumps on our runway, but can't really check 'em then, lol.

I am uber 'stoked with the 29%. Makes me look like a better pilot! You're gonna love it and Chad might beg from time to time!:thumbs:

10. Nov 20, 2010 #10

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

Dean,
    it was just a joke, I`m sure we`ll survive and adjust. lol
    Could be worse!! I could have got tossed into a dark corner with a pointed hat and got some demerit points unless I agreed to put two coats of wax on JD`s plane!! LMAO!

Or made to do 50-:exercise:

Revy, this is just super to hear. I`m sure Len will replace the hardware reccomended, or check it out in a vise to see if it is still gum, when he reads this. Maybe they have upgraded it.....

You wouldn`t have any vids of your S-bach on Youtuber to get Len stoked even more than he is would you?

I am just wondering if Pilots 30cc Extra 260 has the new engine box/firewall that accepts the rear carb DLE-30 like this one does. I called Great Hobbies out west the other day to see if they will be getting in the 30cc Aeroworks Edge in. But now I am more leaning towards Pilot`s 30cc 260 from Paragon with the DLE combo because it is such a awsome deal like Len did. Know anyone out there who has tried one...?

11. Nov 20, 2010 #11

rcakropilot

rcakropilot

rcakropilot

What..Weather Sucks Again

Well in the airline industry when it's a female Captain it's called the Box Office

12. Nov 21, 2010 #12

jwood

jwood

jwood

C O C K PIT!!

there! the space bar is our freind :RULES:

13. Nov 21, 2010 #13

camss69

camss69

camss69

DDD

Dickpit?

14. Nov 21, 2010 #14

Revy

Revy

Revy

K, letsgo!!

Sorry Chad, Len...no video, yet.:(

Here are some pics tho...

Attached Files:

15. Nov 21, 2010 #15

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

BRUTUS

Plank Junky Lifetime Supporter

Your flying site totally ROCKS! LOL no pun intended! Jealous!

16. Nov 21, 2010 #16

50%plane

50%plane

50%plane

addicted

nice! What's the weight and wingspan??? If it flys half as good as my 30cc EF Extra, you will love it!

17. Nov 21, 2010 #17

Chad H

Chad H

Chad H

Passin` Gas

Jason,
    those pictures should be on a calender!

The plane is awesome, but our Canadian scenery is something to be proud of even more.

:thumbs:

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  18. Nov 21, 2010 #18

rcakropilot

rcakropilot

rcakropilot

What..Weather Sucks Again

Totally great flying site. Love the scenery you have.

A guy in my club has the same airplane with a DL30. Seems to fly great. Might hafta get me one.

19. Nov 21, 2010 #19

Revy

Revy

Revy

K, letsgo!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. We'd love to have you as our guests! Come to an event week-end or anytime you happen to be in the neighborhood. Awesome dry camping on site! No landing fees.

Back to the thread ;}~

20. Nov 23, 2010 #20

MJohn

MJohn

MJohn

Chad - as you know I have seen Len's new plane. . . it is down right pretty and Pilot has up graded the main landing gear area with metal brackets that are twice the size of the ones used on my 30 c.c. Yak 54 that I purchased this year. As you know, I did beef up this area on mine as best I could. As well, I had to build a new fire wall to accept the DLE 30 V2 edition with the rear carb. But all worked out and as you know, mine flies great. Good luck Len. . . Cheers