26% Pilot-RC YAK 54

Would you like to see a build on the 26% Pilot-Rc YAK54?

• Yes

• No

• don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

cyoung450

Anyone want to see a build thread on this plane? I just ordered one and will be using a DLE 30 on it....

cyoung450

Hell yea, bring it on. Make sure to check your incidence, not sure if the Yak has the same issue as the 260. Read here.........

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53457
Very interesting my buddy had one and I guess he had some issues with it, I will be sure and check the YAK for correct incidence. Thanks for the heads up.

As soon as it gets here I will begin the picture taking/building process. This is going to be a joint build with my buddy Mark. I just ordered it yesterday but it should be here soon I hope, I think it shipped yesterday but because UPS sucks so bad, it takes them 24-48 hours to update the tracking information. I should have caught this shipping method when I ordered it and requested FedEX they do a much better job of ground shipping IMHO, I am real impressed with Greyhound freight too great cheap way to ship planes. I ordered the Green/Black/Silver version. I will be using Bad Brad Graphics for the vinyl, we will be keeping it simple.

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/Models/PowerAirplanes/PilotRC/YAK26.html

FYI: Chief has FREE shipping specials on a lot of planes right now this was one of them, a very good deal!

cyoung450

I like that particular scheme. Is it done yet? Where's the pics? What's the holdup??!?! Shoulda had it overnighted... :D

I should have damn it...but with FREE shipping I guess you can't bitch...LOL. Somehow I knew you would be here for this Gravy...:thumbs:

cyoung450

I found these looking for a high voltage throttle servo for my Suhkoi.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZTZ1&P=7
High Speed

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZTZ2&P=ML
High Torque

Great prices, I already have a 5665 coming my way so I can run no regs on the plane at all. Maybe a good option for your 30cc????

Good info thanks!

Has anyone tried the HD servos? I tried some of the mini stuff and it was kind of crappy gears got sloppy very fast.

Mark are you listening? Mark is supplying the servos for this project it is a mix of things, I know we have a 5925 for the throttle, a couple of other Hitecs and Speectrum stuff...I will get him to chime in on this since its a joint build...

RAVEN04

I can fix it!!!
Good info thanks!

Has anyone tried the HD servos? I tried some of the mini stuff and it was kind of crappy gears got sloppy very fast.

Mark are you listening? Mark is supplying the servos for this project it is a mix of things, I know we have a 5925 for the throttle, a couple of other Hitecs and Speectrum stuff...I will get him to chime in on this since its a joint build...
I'm running 4 of 6001 on my bling ail. pakratt76 using 1501 on his planes for about with no issues..

Last edited:

Lucky

Im going to use Power HD DS090M
Digital Servo - 130oz-10 sec. 6v

Others have been using above servos on 30cc planes with great success. And guess what, they are only $22 bucks from hobbyking.

mk2491

The servos will be a mixed bag unless we decide to shell out the dinero for some new ones. With the holiday looming we might have to make do with what we've got and upgrade later on. We will have the 5925MG for the throttle, spectrum A6020's for the elevator, 5645MG for the rudder, and some 625MG's on the ailerons. Gonna run an A123 for the receiver and a 2000 mah nickel metal for the ignition. I have a 42% optic kill switch that we could use, but I don't trust it. Seems like I have read where those kind of suck? I had the 26% Pilot Extra with the incidence issues, hopefully this one is better. Haven't read too many bad things about it.

mk2491

Conrad,

I also see that you have changed your pic to the 55. Your poor old QQ yak that gave you so many years of enjoyment just relogated to the top of the fridge....what a shame lol!

cyoung450

UPS just pulled up and pretty much threw this in my front yard banged on the door and ran.....I haven't opened it yet but the box looks fine. We are doing the build at Marks place so I won't open it until I get it over there....this is going to be a fun project, I have been wanting a plane in this size for a while now.

Attachments

cyoung450

Conrad,

I also see that you have changed your pic to the 55. Your poor old QQ yak that gave you so many years of enjoyment just relogated to the top of the fridge....what a shame lol!
I know its so funny how one plane one day can mean everything, and then one day it really means nothing anymore..LOL. The QQ YAK gave me many many hours of enjoyment and was one of the best flying planes ever...it is sold but is still here like Mark said on top of my fridge in the garage lol.