150CC Raven Build

sukhoikid

Well last night I pick up the EG Aircraft/OMP 150cc Raven. This plane will be my 2011 Contest plane for IMAC. Pictures are not on this computer, but hope to get them uploaded tomorrow to here. It took a while to get everything out of the box because this thing is pack sooo well!

Only thing I got done today is getting it out of the box, putting the landing gear on, and putting the rudder on. Everything is hinged on this plane and you install the rudder with a rod. The only glueing that needs to be done is for the control horns.

Tomorrow I will start taking the equipment out of my Aero-Works Yak and putting it in the Raven. I will be running a DA-150 with Greve pipes. Running servos per aileron and 2 servos per elevator and rudder. Smart-Fly Power Expander with Fromeco Batteries. All powered by a Futaba FASST 14MZ.

sukhoikid

Here are a few photos of the elevators. This arf provides nice fiberglass control horns. The stock horns you get you have to cut them at least one hole up for the elevators in the inner bay and for the outer bay you need to cut a tad bit more off. I am running two per elevator at the time due to I am using Hitec 5955 servos and they have had some time on them. In the future I hope to replace them.

Attachments

sukhoikid

Well its now time to start taking stuff out of the Yak that I had. Everything is basically coming right out of the Yak and into the Raven. Going to start programming the wings and stabs tonight so that will be out of the way. Tomorrow I will start putting the engine and the pipes in.

Attachments

sukhoikid

I always have a sense of loss when I gut an old airframe to build new.....
Yep same here! I enjoyed that yak. It has lasted 2 and half imac seasons. I figure that is pretty good for it being a ARF. I am though going to get the Dalton 260 that I gutted in 2008 back going again soon!

sukhoikid

Elevators are about ready. They went together just like the wings did. Next on the list is preparing the fuse for the pipes. I will have photos later, but the fuse is Canister ready, but not tune pipe ready. We are hoping our future planes will be tune pipe and canister ready. From the look of my friends Raven though it isnt too hard to make this fuse ready for Tune Pipes.

Will def be posting some good pics of the setup if anyone else is interested in this setup.

Attachments

sukhoikid

Well I didnt do any dremeling tonight. Gotta wait to go outside the house so I dont make the basement a mess! I hope tomorrow to get the tune pipes installed and the engine installed. Then all thats left to do is finish the electronics inside the fuse and its about done.

BRUTUS

Plank Junky
Lifetime Supporter
Another great build thread! Thanks for posting such a detailed and photo laden thread. Looks like a nice plane!