TeamFlyingCircus - Giant RC Plane Forum > Event & Meetup Forum > Events > 2018 Winter Roundup at Felix Ranch - 2/17 & 18

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Dean Bird
TFC_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default 2018 Winter Roundup at Felix Ranch - 2/17 & 18

Hello everyone,

The IMAC Southwest Region's 2018 season kicked off on January 13th with a successful Superstition Challenge. The next SW IMAC contest is almost 4 weeks away. The Winter Roundup at Felix Ranch will be held on February 17th and 18th.

http://www.mini-iac.org/Event-Details/PID/472

The contest is hosted by the Sun Lakes Radio Control Club. These guys work really hard for us and the field is in better shape every time we have a contest. For this contest I was given an update on the field improvement saying they are, "extending the plane parking area (adding more fabric) to the west end of the pit area (approximately 60' additional). This eliminates anyone having to park their plane in the dirt. Grading will be done and another entrance area to the runway will be made at the west end as part of the extension. Also, the fencing on the south side of this pit area will be removed (fence fabric, not the poles) so the pilots can back up and park/unload/walk right through to the pit areas."

This is a low key contest where we have a lot of fun hanging out, listening to music, and having great competition with our friends. The locals always come out to watch the Freestyle. Hopefully we can get Spencer, Bryant, and Cayden to fly Freestyle and put on the show like we had a week ago.

This contest is a great one for those that haven't gotten much practice time in yet this year. We get to fly the Alternate Sequences!! That takes a little stress off the flying part of the Intermediate and up classes and makes it a little more fun. There are a lot of pilots that haven't flown any contests in a while. This is a great opportunity to dust off the plane, enjoy some great spring weather, and see a bunch of friends that miss you. There were several people attending our Mini Judging School that haven't flown a contest yet. This is a great, low key, contest to give it a try. There are always lots of people willing to help.

I hope everyone joins us at the contest. Let me know if you have any questions before the contest or I can make the contest better in any way.

Thanks,

Dean Bird
Contest Director

Old 01-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
Angie
Administrator
TFC_ADMIN.png

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Re: 2018 Winter Roundup at Felix Ranch - 2/17 & 18

I've posted this to the TFC FB page, so hopefully that will get you a bit more participation.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:16 AM   #3
Dean Bird
TFC_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
I've posted this to the TFC FB page, so hopefully that will get you a bit more participation.
Very cool!! Thanks Angie.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #4
Dean Bird
TFC_SUPPORTER.png

The trophies have arrived!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Winter Roundup Trophies.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	69062

I hope to see everyone there on February 17th. We'll be at the field on Friday the 16th for early registration.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #5
Dean Bird
TFC_SUPPORTER.png

The Sun Lakes Radio Control Club has completed more field improvements before the Winter Roundup at Felix Ranch on February 17th.

We would like to see a bunch of new pilots, and pilots that haven't flown a contest in a while, at the event. Our hosts have just approved three special rates.

1. First time IMAC contest - registration fee lowered to $25
2. Pilot who brings a first time IMAC contest pilot - registration fee lowered to $25
3. Pilots who didn't fly an IMAC contest in 2017 or 2018 - registration fee lowered to $25

I hope to see everyone there!!

http://www.mini-iac.org/Event-Details/PID/472