TeamFlyingCircus - Giant RC Plane Forum > Under The Big Top > TFC Announcements & Help > Hi all

Help Support Team Flying Circus by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
Angie
Administrator
TFC_ADMIN.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Hi all

I'm Angie and do Admin stuff, but Brutus is the day to day Admin and we are looking at another mod or two and have reached out to at least one more today.

What has made the RV aspect of the forum dry up? What would get it being a vibrant community once again? If you don't want to post it here, just click on my name and send me a private message.

Looking to get more planes and planes talk.

I have not flied these types of planes, but I do know radios some and have flown real airplane before, so I have some inkling of your hobby. And I do love seeing the photos you guys post.

So, what can we do to make it better for all?

Old 02-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
flyin4fun

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Re: Hi all

Hello Angie,
I just popped in here to say hi.
As for your question about what to do to make this site a vibrant community once again.
I would have to say that you may need to look at why meaningful participation went away to begin with.
You may need to look back in the archives and read through a few threads to see why the participation went away.
I hope you find your answer and be able to somehow turn this horse around.
Good luck.
This site really was a fun place to be at one time.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
kwilson
Gold Member

Liked 272 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 206

I think content is key but I would think that requires a certain level of commitment.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
Angie
Administrator
TFC_ADMIN.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Can you expound on that more? Usually the content is what the members post and discuss about their hobby.

Also, I have to apologize as I meant to get back here the next day, but was called out of town due to a cousin have a massive heart attack Friday and still is not out of sedation. I drove his mom to be with him. And this darn travel laptop was refusing to connect to the internet. After some work with the laptop, I'm back.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 AM   #5
kwilson
Gold Member

Liked 272 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 206

Sure. By content, I mean you need to treat it more like a magazine and post articles, event coverage, do product reviews, and perhaps spotlight certain threads that are more interesting than most. I know at one time, there was a photo of the month contest in which a lot of folks participated, but it just kind of went away. Forums without content are really kind of a dime a dozen. What is going to set TFC apart? What will compel the casual surfer (flier) to stop here? Preferably daily?

Old 02-24-2017, 04:55 AM   #6
flyin4fun

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson View Post
Sure. By content, I mean you need to treat it more like a magazine and post articles, event coverage, do product reviews, and perhaps spotlight certain threads that are more interesting than most. I know at one time, there was a photo of the month contest in which a lot of folks participated, but it just kind of went away. Forums without content are really kind of a dime a dozen. What is going to set TFC apart? What will compel the casual surfer (flier) to stop here? Preferably daily?
Exactly, + you need to make it an INTERESTING and FUN place to come to, expecting members to maintain things being "interesting" and "fun" just has never worked out in the long run.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
thepamster
The Mistress of Biplanes
TFC_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 294 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Hi Angie. Glad you are here.
As Mr. Wilson said you should look at the archives and I would recommend looking at the photo of the month threads to see.
First and foremost we need a Home Page. A list of forum titles is not a Home Page.
I pushed pretty hard for the photo of the month to be put on the home page, when we had one, a number of times with no success.
Obviously we need content to have a good forum and there are a few of us that still post here and support this site but I believe it MUST start with a Home Page since that is what is first seen when you come here.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
Xpress..
Hitec Support

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

I think all of the above is a contributing factor as to why this forum has diminished. Lack of a home page, lack of articles discussing shop tips, flight techniques, product reviews, monthly photo contests, site giveaways, events, etc. are all reasons why a forum would die off. Giant Scale is as popular as ever with low priced options for even the most budget conscious pilot but the main forum they flock to is the infamous one with the blue and white logo because they do all of that stuff there. Even another giant scale related forum is struggling with doing all of that but they aren't really ontop of it like the blue and white forum. Plus, they do mass advertising which I'm sure brings in cash to support all of the fun stuff.
thepamster Likes This